five

It's been a week.

A week since Jeongguk left the house. A week since Jeongguk saw the day of light.

In the past week, he hadn't left his bed, let alone his house. He was laying there, thinking about everything. Memories were just replaying in his mind like a movie. Over and over again. He couldn't even pause it. It was haunting him. He tried so hard to forget it but its all down the drain now.

The minute he saw Taehyung's face. It was like a tsunami, the memories came flooding. His mind filled with everything he tried to forget. The feeling was overwhelming at first now it was like an anaesthetic, slowly setting in and numbing the senses.

He had been ignoring Jimin since the day he came back home. For starters, he hadn't left his room. Not to eat, not to talk, nothing. Jimin would call out and bang on his door. It wasn't like Jeongguk didn't want to answer. He couldn't, he couldn't let out a word. He had forgotten what his own voice sounded like.

He was missing classes. But at that point, he didn't care. All he wanted to do was cry. All he wanted was him.

"Alright, you fucker! That's enough!", Jimin came in using the spare key, slamming the door open. He barged in, fuming with anger. He pulled the covers off of Jeongguk's body. Jeonguk didn't even flinch.

"Okay, I've had enough of your bullshit. Get the fuck up and take a shower. We can talk when you get back to your senses.", Jimin picked up Jeongguk, lifting him on back. He gripped onto his thighs, it was liking carrying a dead body.

Jeongguk was still unresponsive. His eyes looked blank and hollow. His face was emotionless. Jimin carried him to the bathroom, settling him in the tub. Now that he had a good look at Jeongguk, Jimin realised how serious the situation was.

Jimin undressed him and turned on the faucet. Warm water filled the tub Jimin began to splash the water around. He looked up to face Jeongguk who was still idle, staring at his hands in his lap.

Jimin hadn't seen him like this in years, since that happened.

"Jimin."

Jimin's headed snapped up as he heard that. That was the first thing he heard from Jeongguk in a while. His voice was strained but that was expected since he hadn't talked in a while. Jeongguk didn't make eye contact. He was still looking down. Jimin was about to respond when Jeongguk continued.

"Do you think, that he still loves me? That maybe it was all a mistake?", Jeongguk spoke slowly, he struggled to pronounce each syllable. Every word was laced with pain. Jimin turned off the faucet. Silence filled the room.

Jimin's heart clenched at those words.

Jimin didn't need and any context to understand what Jeongguk was talking about. He didn't need a second to figure out what Jeongguk was asking. There was only one person that Jeongguk associate the word 'love' with. There was only one 'him'.

Jimin felt a anger build up in him, steadily rising inside of him.

He didn't think Jeongguk would ever bring it up again. He didn't want ever hear the mention of that man. It was disgusting to even think about that man. The very mention of it made Jimin feel nauseous.

Jimin has known him since they were kids.

Dumb kids that were susceptible to inappropriate influence and manipulation from outsiders who only wanted to take advantage of them.

"Why do you ask? I thought we were over that.", Jimin spoke, nonchalant. He didn't want to speak about it in the slightest but he had to.

"I...", Jeongguk began, the lump his throat restricted his words. He tried again but his throat began to hurt. He rubbed his throat and tried again.

"I'll get you some tea.", Jimin offered as he got up and walked out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. His mind was still running with thoughts of what got Jeongguk like this. He knew who it was but not how it happened. He had so many questions running through his mind. He wanted answers. He needed answers. But be knew he couldn't force Jeongguk to say anything and he didn't want to either. He didn't want a repeat of what happened last time. He couldn't afford to risk it. He only wanted the best for Jeongguk. 

He stared at the cup in his hand as the tea bag tinted the hot water. He watched until the tea was completely brewed. He took the cup and walked back. The aromatic smell soothing his mind.

'I should stay calm', he thought. 

He walked back into the bathroom and saw Jeongguk in the same position as he was when he had left the room. Jimin crouched down and handed Jeongguk the cup. 

Jeongguk hands were a little shaky, but he gripped onto it. Jimin didn't let go of the cup knowing that Jeongguk might not have the energy to the hold it properly. 

Jeongguk took a sip, slowly letting the liquid burn out the lump in his throat. It felt good, the warm liquid was soothing his sore throat. He was about the put the cup down but saw there was nowhere to put it down. Just in time, Jimin pulled the cup from his hands and set down on the ground. 

"I met him.", Jeongguk let out. Jimin waited for him to continue, he wasn't going to interrogate him. He was going to let Jeongguk talk. 

"He was there. At her house, I think he's her cousin.", Jeongguk began to recall Yeri's last name when Jimin interrupted him. 

"Kim Yeri.", Jimin stated as he recalled the party, he remembered who Jeongguk was planning to meet and who the host of the party was.

"I was blacked out after we were done. She let me stay there since my phone was dead.", Jeongguk continued. He straightened out his legs into the bathtub as they were bent to his chest this whole time. 

"He knew it was me and asked her to let me stay. He made me food.", Jeongguk recalled the events of a week ago and though they happened yesterday.

Jimin just listened processing the information. He didn't like what he was hearing. But what he heard next left him speechless.

"We kissed."