~ EIGHT ~

-The Great Meatbun Fiasco- 

In the end, the black team won, an 11 point difference between them. After some very hectic introductions, Min-Jun finally learned everyone's names. He was even given a club jacket and jersey which held the number 8. He felt more content with his life that he had ever before, knowing at that moment that moving to Japan had been the right move. 

Now, currently in the change rooms, he was being drowned in questions from Hinata, Nishinoya, and Tanaka. He tried to answer them, but while he did so more questions were piled on. Noticing his classmate's struggle, Ennoshita smacked the two troublesome second years over the head, leaving Hinata to Sugawara. 

Min-Jun cast the two a thankful glance before getting back to changing, slipping back into his jeans. Hinata watched him like a kid watching the tv, his bright eyes sparkling with excitement. He decided to humor the first year a little, smiling down at him softly. 

The smile caught Hinata off guard, a vicious blush spreading across his face. The first year felt as though his whole body had been lit on fire, his heart thumping like a drum in his ears. 'A-An angel!' 

Min-Jun, not noticing how his smile had sent the poor first year into an existential crisis, went back to change. He hummed gently to himself, an old habit he had picked up from his stepfather, Yu-Gang. The others grew quiet, listening to the calming noise as they all changed as well. It was a relaxing moment, and quite refreshing after Interhigh. 

In fact, if the team were to describe their new member with one word, it would be refreshing. His presence was rejuvenating after the loss, but still, there were some questions floating around in their minds. 

Tsukishima narrowed his eyes at his upperclassman who had just finished getting dressed, his back to the club room wall. He frowned, turning around completely. 

"Senpai, I have to ask..." Min-Jun raised his head, blinking at the taller blonde. The others glanced over as well, curious as to what the blocker was going to ask. "Why do you want to join the team after watching us lose?" The memory of inter-high pulled at the team's heartstrings. The wound was still fresh, even if they were beginning to move past it. A few of them paused what they were doing, looking down at the ground with slight frustration. 

Min-Jun, however, furrowed his brows slightly, obviously confused. 

"Why...would I not want to join a team just because they lost one match?" They all turned and stared at the second year as he continued speaking. "Just because you lost this match against Seijoh, doesn't mean you'll lose the next one. Besides, winning or losing has nothing to do with why I wanted to join the team." 

"Then why Senpai?" Hinata asked, his voice soft. Min-Jun gazed down at the first year, remembering back to the first game he saw against Tokonami. He bent down so that he was at eye level with Hinata who was seated on the ground. Reaching out, Min-Jun gently ruffled the younger male's hair as his light blue eyes softened. 

"Your spirit for the game." Hinata's eyes widened a little, staring at his upperclassman with a look of awe. Retracting his hand, Min-Jun stood back up, gazing over the rest of the team. "I was planning on quitting volleyball when I moved to Japan, but my curiosity got the better of me." He reached down to his trench coat, carefully pulling it on. "After watching your first game, your chemistry as a team drew me in." Sugawara blinked a little before smiling gently at the younger male.