~ SEVEN ~

Mulai dari awal

"Sorry, got lost in my thoughts there for a moment." Nodding, Min-Jun exited the change room first, Sugawara close behind him. 

When they entered the gym, the others were already divided up for the small practice match. The teams were white: Hinata, Kageyama, Tanaka, Tsukishima, Kinoshita, and Daichi; verses the black team: Min-Jun, Sugawara, Ennoshita, Yamaguchi, Asahi, and Nishinoya. 

Quickly warming up, Min-Jun joined his team on their side of the net, his starting position in the middle of the front row. Everyone had their eyes on him, curious as to how he would perform. None of them had ever heard of his name in anything other than modeling, so they never expected someone like him to play a sport. 

"Everyone ready?" Ukai called out, eyes glossing over the rambunctious group. A majority of them shouted back while others simply nodded. 

It was the white team's serve first. Tsukishima stuck to a simple overhand serve, the ball soaring over and being received by Nishinoya. The ball went to Sugawara, before being sent to the ace who then slammed the ball down on the other side. 

The first point was the black teams. 

Min-Jun blinked as he stared at the way Nihsinoya and Azumane acted. They had good chemistry, and seeing the two smile at each other brought back memories from their game against Date Tech. 

Yamaguchi was up to serve, attempting the jump float he had been practicing outside of club hours. The serve didn't go as he had planned, the ball easily received by Daichi. The first year pouted a little before stepping forward on the court. 

Min-Jun's eyes were glued to the ball, already having a feeling of what was about to come his way. His assumptions were correct when Kageyama sent the ball to Hinata, who had already jumped. The first year swung, his eyes squeezed shut as usual. After he spiked, he opened his eyes only to find a wall in front of him. 

The ball slammed back down on their side of the net, scoring another point for the black team. 

Min-Jun dropped back down to his feet, staring down at his hands which stung slightly. It had been a while since had last had that feeling. And oh god was it a good feeling. He might not have been showing it on his face, but on the inside, he was bustling with excitement. 

"He blocked that monster quick on his first try..." Ukai mumbled from behind his hand, a grin quickly spreading across his face. 

Hinata stared up at his upperclassman with an amazed expression. 

"That was so cool!" Min-Jun glanced down at him, mentally screaming at the adorable look on his face. He managed to keep his cool on the outside, nodding down at the younger male who grinned brightly. They headed back to their positions, Yamaguchi serving once more. This time, however, the ball hit the net and fell on their side. 

"Ah! Sorry!" Before the others on his team could say that it was alright, Min-Jun had already turned around and waved his hand.