~19~ The Three Firenze Sisters

Comincia dall'inizio

Another victim, another slaughter.

I didn't even bother to fight back

Ruy stalked through the palm trees, grumpy with the small information he was gathering

Ruy stalked through the palm trees, grumpy with the small information he was gathering. Or rather, the little information that the governor had.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! SHE IS GOING TO BE THERE!?" The Governor screeched to his gathered men.

"Y-Yes, sir, it seems like Amalia Morretti has been spotted in Egypitnat." One of his shaking soldiers stuttered. The governor ran his hands down his face, Ruy glaring to get a closer look at him. Something between him and Soph went down about two years ago, and no one really knows what happened.

His light brown skin gleaned in the sun, his curly hair neatly trimmed and somehow frizz-free, even though he lives in the humid Cariana climate.

He didn't seem to know much and didn't seem to be plotting. Ruy has been watching him all night and has learned that the man is attending just like any other leader. Ruy glanced at the sun.

It was maybe 10 am, he should start heading back.

He stretched himself out, chuckling as the Governor nervously mumbled about Sophie.

Only Sophie could get under someone's skin like that.

"See you at the conference, bud," Ruy whispered, before running back to the base.

Ruy landed in the Egypitnat base, hopping through the hole in the ceiling. He knew he was the last one to arrive, as everyone's voices were murmuring over one another. Ruy knocked on the door, and Akil was the one to answer. Shaved head and face, stern and terrifying, he only grunted and motioned for Ruy to enter. Everyone had different plans and sketches on the table, discussing with one another. At the sound of him entering, everyone turned to him. Sophie gave him a small smile, thanking him for coming back safe.

"Well, well, well... somebody likes to make late entrances." Alexios mocked, patting Ruy on the back. Ruy shook the sand out of his hair.

"Sorry, it took me a while to get some information," Ruy argued.