"I can't believe she gave you detention! Did she not get the memo or something? Why wasn't she informed of your circumstances or something?" Carter rages as we walk down the hall.

I give him a pissed off look as we continue to our next class. As I am standing in the doorway, I make eye contact with my teacher and she steps outside with me for a moment.

'I need to go see the principal,' I write out and show her.

"Is everything alright?" She asks, and I shake my head no.

"Go ahead, just come back when you're finished," she says, and I nod before turning on my heel and storming down the hall.

The nice lady at the front desk looks startled and I write out that I need to see the principal. I show her the detention note and she nods before calling him. Mr. Smithers bustles out of his office with a confused look on his face before ushering me in.

"What is the problem, Faith?" He asks me, sitting down in his chair. I thrust the note in his face, and he takes it calmly.

"I don't understand why she would do this, I told her that you didn't speak," he continues eying the slip curiously.

"It isn't listed on your file as a medical problem, but this will not stand. I shall speak to her at lunch, and you don't have to serve this detention," he says ripping it up and throwing it away.

'Thank you,' I write out.

"Of course, here let me write you a note so you can go back to class," he says before pulling out his pass.

Taking the paper, I leave and head back to my class. The rest of the day passes uneventfully, and I am thankful for that, I have had quite enough excitement in the last few weeks. Colton and Carter walk me outside before heading off together towards Carter's car. Looking around I don't see my normal car but rather a few cars back I see a black Ferrari 458. Leaning against the car in a beautiful blue paint suit is Cathleen. Her head picks up and she beckons me over and I walk carefully.

"Hey Faith, Ruka is meeting us at the bridal boutique," she says while finishing an email on her phone. I give her a curious look in return.

"You need a dress for my wedding," she says with a duh look but softens it with a smile.

I cautiously get into the passenger side of the car and turn on my watch. Cathleen easily pulls out of the car line out into traffic. I can't help but to glance at her out of the corner of my eye, she doesn't seem irritated, or angry, or anything but calm.

"Why didn't Ruka just come to pick me up herself?" I ask after a few moments.

"She had an appointment run over and I was in the neighborhood," Cathleen says in her elegantly smooth voice.

"I didn't even know I was coming to the wedding," I say looking out the window.

"Of course, your family Faith," she says but I can sense the even heavier behind that statement.

"I don't deserve this family's kindness," I mumble, and Cathleen shakes her head.

"It doesn't matter if you think you deserve it, Ruka and Dax love you and their hearts bleed for you. They just want to help you and heal you. Aviva is even pretty smitten with you, she never had any siblings and just came out of a dark time herself and I can tell she wants nothing more than to protect and help you," Cathleen says, and I am not surprised by her statements, but it does warm a part of my heart.

"I never meant to cause you any harm," I say, and she glances at me.

"I know, you don't pose a threat to me or my family Faith, the person you seem to pose the biggest threat to is yourself," she says in a soft voice, and my face burns.

Faith (Book Two)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें