Prom (AU) 2

Katie was really worried about the day ahead of her. Today was the PROM she agreed to go to. The Prom. 

Her morning wasn't as wonderful as she wanted it to be. Her father had burned the breakfast and they had to carry on with a glass of orange juice only.

Her friends had her phone buzzing all day. Did you find your dress? How are you going to come? When are you coming? 

She had one more problem that day. The problem that Piper had elaborated as "The biggest issue one could ever have." 

Let me say this once again, Katie didn't have a dress for prom!!! 

Katie had shrugged this problem off till yesterday, but right now, She was worried sick about her apparel. 

She stood in front of her closet, searching for something decent that she could wear. A summer dress? Nah.  A T-Shirt with a Skirt? Cute, but no. 

She went on and on creating a mess in her room until her eyes landed on something. Something that was too hard to be a piece of cloth. She took it out carefully and it turned out to be a box. A very glamorous box. It had floral designs covering it, with a note written on the surface. 

Dear Katie,

I hope that you like what's inside. This all belongs to you. 
Use it neatly.

Love, 
Mom

Katie chuckled bitterly reading her mom's note to her. Her formal mother. Oh, how she missed her!

She opened the box to take a look at what's inside. She gasped as she saw the beautiful green fabric in it. She pulled it out and had to blink her eyes to stop the tears that were forming in it. 

It was gorgeous {You're so gorgeous, I can't say---Sorry!} to say the least. 

The dress had a plain top that was separated from the bottom by a silver belt and ended with a bit sparkly, long flowing skirt. It was a bit faded but the perfect dress Katie could ever ask for. She gently laid the dress on her bed and glanced into the box again only to find certain accessories that were a bit old fashioned but looked amazing with the dress. 2 hours. She still had two hours till the prom. 

{Dress Above}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She couldn't believe what she saw in the mirror. There was a girl, a beautiful girl. She was nothing like the Katie Gardener, who wore a shirt and shorts and always had dirt on her hands. 

"Stop staring at yourself, Katie. We gotta go." Her sister, Miranda, snapped at her. Katie turned around to find her sister all glamoured up in a red dress and an amazing look. 

"Katie! You're doing it again! Snap out of it." Her sister shook her back in reality. Both walked down the staircase, only to find their dad ready with a camera. 

"Dad!" Both the girls whined at their father. 

"You look, gorgeous girls!" Their dad complimented them. "Now pose for the pics! I want to capture this day!" He happily cried.

They wasted fifteen minutes to sum it all up. 

A honk distracted their father from his photography session. 

"That's our ride dad!" Miranda interrupted. Ride? What ride? She never mentioned any ride? Or did she? Well, Katie was answered when her sister dragged her out of the house, bidding their dad.

"Miranda!" Katie protested snatching her hand away from the said person. "What do you mean by the ride? There's no r--" She trailed off as her eyes landed on a familiar man. Travis.