Dancing With Your Ghost

Yelling at the sky
Screaming at the world

There he laid, sprawled upon the forest floor with blood pouring out of his chest.
"Katie...Kat...I love you remember th - that alright?" He spoke up, coughing blood. 

Katie was horrified, her soulmate, was dying. Injured because of her. Dying because of her. It was her fault. She should have taken the blow, not Travis.

Baby, why'd you go away?
I'm still your girl

"Always." She whispered. Tears grazed her cheeks but that didn't matter to Travis. She still looked beautiful to him. Always will. Only if he had the time. His fingers caressed her cheek as he fell into a deep sleep. 

Holding on too tight
Head up in the clouds

Katie cried. Cried till there were no tears left. Till no voice could come out. Till Connor found her, with his brother's corpse in her lap. He was dumbfounded. Not able to speak. No one was. They all stood there regaining their senses, realizing that the joking, laughing son of Hermes was gone. Travis Stoll was gone.

Heaven only knows

A Hermes shroud was burnt that day. Burning bright as if the sun had lit it on fire itself. Demigods said things about their lost loved ones. 

Katie couldn't utter a word for days. 

Where you are now 

She and Connor would often cry. Their siblings worried about them. No prank had happened since that day. No one in the Hermes Cabin would laugh. Hell, no one in the camp laughed. The attack had left everyone broken mess. It was as if a drought had occurred. A drought of sadness, no rain of happiness could end it. 

How do I love?
How do I love again?
How do I trust
How do I trust again?

She couldn't laugh again, speak again, see him again. Him. His laugh. His smile. That crooked grin she had come to love. All that was gone. After going through all the hardships, they had finally confessed to each other. From enemies to lovers. She stayed inside all the time, hating the much-loved sunlight. Crying tears of regret. She could have saved him. She should have saved him. It was all her fault. He will not come back, because of her. BECAUSE OF HER.

I stay up all night
Tell myself I'm alright
Baby, you're just harder to see than most

She knew crying and messing everything would not help her. That she should let it go and move on. Move on. But how? Move on from those days spent in the strawberry fields with him? Move on from the pranks and bickering? Move on from the pain and fighting endured? Move on from him?

I put the record on
Wait 'til I hear our song
Every night I'm dancing with your ghost

Every night she thought of him. How his arms caught her falling. How he helped her stand up again. How he made her laugh even at the most inappropriate moments. How he became her sunshine. Her and him? Who would have thought? 

She thought of him, dying in her arms that day. How he had quickly swept her apart from the blow and taken it all from himself. How selfless he had become, just for her. How he died because of her. Because of her.

Never got the chance
To say a last goodbye
I gotta move on
But it hurts to try

She had to stop blaming herself but she couldn't. Every time her lips opened only those words came out. It should have been her. Should have been her. Her friends, siblings consulted her, It was his fate. His fate to die because of the girl he loved? His fate to die because of the love of his life? His fate to die because of her?

 How do I love
How do I love again?

She didn't eat for days. Stopped loving the sunlight. Stopped loving the birds chirping happily along her plants. Stopped loving her plants. Stopped loving nature. Stopped loving all her siblings. Stopped loving gods. Stopped loving destiny. She stopped loving life.

How do I trust
How do I trust again?

She didn't trust anyone. She didn't trust her siblings. She didn't trust the bed she sleeper on. She didn't trust the tears she cried. She didn't trust promises. She didn't trust the words her friends said. 'Everything will be alright.'  It won't be alright. It will never be alright. She didn't trust her mind. She didn't trust herself. She didn't trust herself.

How do I love

How do I love again?
How do I trust
How do I trust again? 
I stay up all night
Tell myself I'm alright

It wasn't right. The fate was cruel. She didn't deserve to live the life he had given her. She didn't deserve the trust of her friends. She didn't trust the love that was showered on her. She didn't deserve the care blessed on her. She didn't deserve a happy life without him. She didn't deserve another chance. She didn't deserve life. 

Baby, you're just harder to see than most
I put the record on
Wait 'til I hear our song

She couldn't take it anymore. Three weeks had passed. But it felt like an eternity without him. She wanted him. Needed him. She loved him. Time didn't pass by hard. It was Tartarus itself. She decided something stupid. Something idiotic. Something he wouldn't want her to do. Something she would do anyway for him. It was all for him.

Every night I'm dancing with your ghost

So, why did her legs trembled as she headed towards the forest? So, why did her mind screamed to go back when she reached his death place? So why did her legs gave away all the powers they had yield for that short trip? So why did her hands trembled as the knife came into view? 

Every night I'm dancing with your ghost

This would just get her reunited with him. She reminded herself. There was no point in living anyone. Her eyes replayed the scenario that happened at the same place three weeks ago. Her anger rose and she did it. 

A whimper echoed through the canopy of trees that night. The Demeter kids found the dead body of a girl in the forest the other. The girl who was known as their counselor. She had done it. She had inserted the knife in her chest. She had reunited with her love. She saw him and found her place. So, what if it was in hell? It was him. Travis Stoll and Katie Gardener meet again. Not the way they wanted but were together forever.

Every night I'm dancing with your ghost

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so personally this is not one of the best ones. 

But yeah...

Anyhow, am back (I say that a lot...) and Tratie is here too! I hope you guys like this one! 

Oh, and I have also decided to update like every Saturday. What are your thoughts on it? Anyway, I hope you guys keep this ship up and let it sail forever and beyond infinity!!!!

Love, Valdez.