I don't want him!!
(ノ`Д')ノ~┻━┻

KUROKO:

I have terrible friends.

-

He enters the huge indoor court, and he's amazed.

There are three fields, and though there's less people here than there are in Teiko, he can hear the traffic-like squeaks, rattles, and hollers. The thump of the basketball on the clear, waxed floor.

It's such a beautiful cacophony. Has it really only been a month or so? It's felt like ages since he came into a basketball court.

Now to look for Tatsuya and Alex...

"It's the Fairy Onii-chan!"

He gets suddenly engulfed by two tiny figures. For a moment, all he feels is panic, then his arms are spread to receive the nine-year olds that barrel into his stomach.

He staggers, and suddenly his face is full of brat, squeezing and hugging his head whilst making excited children noises.

What the-- he takes a good look at the two. No way--?!

"Wait, Setsuna! Souta! That's dangerous! Get off me!" he swirls at them, holding a hand at the girl that is clinging to his head, and the boy is doing his best limpet impression around his elbow. "You're gonna fall and it's gonna hurt!"

"It's the Fairy Onii-chan!" they declare again, and now all eyes are on them.

"GET OFF OR I'M TELLING YOUR BROTHER!"

So how exactly did he end up being the climbing post to Nijimura's obnoxious younger siblings? Well, let's just say Hiroto has no idea either.

Eventually, people got around to reel in the kids for him, and the two were now clinging to his sides. Hiroto put a hand on their black-haired heads, and they smiled like the little shits they were.

"I heard you came over to LA in December, what a strange coincidence," he says, "how have you guys been?"

He is definitely going to charge Nijimura for this.

"So you're acquaintances? Small world," Tatsuya says, chuckling slightly.

Hiroto feels his face heat up. He quickly hisses at the kids, "don't call me that nickname oh my god please."

"You mean Fairy-niichan?"

"But you're Fairy Onii-chan, right?"

Hiroto is going to die of embarrassment. Curse you Nijimura, I hope you die in a pit of poisonous vipers and I'm going to be the one laughing while pushing you down.

Hiroto turns to Tatsuya with the most polite awkward smile ever.

"We knew each other back in Japan. Their big brother was my club captain," he says, "are they members of this club?"

"Well, sort of," Tatsuya said. "They usually just watch."

"Hey, Fairy Onii-chan, do that thing!" the girl asks excitedly, and at the same time, the boy pipes up, "Fairy-niichan, what are you doing in America?"