Chapter 34: Round 1

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Uraraka is unable to fight! Bakugo wins!" Midnight called to the stadium ending the fight. As I walked off of the stage, I didn't receive cheers as Shitty Hair did. Barely anyone made a noise. Although, I could distinctly hear Kyoka and Izuku congratulating me. I smiled to myself as I made my way up to the viewing box.

*Izuku's POV*

I was worried about Ochako. She had taken a fair amount of hits during her fight with Kacchan. Speaking of Kacchan, he did really well in his fight. I felt the heat and wind come from the explosion which blew the concrete out of the sky. I don't doubt that his shoulders ache after that explosion.

When Kacchan finally got into the viewing box Kyoka and I congratulated him for winning but chastised him from going a bit too hard. Kaminari made a comment about Kacchan beating up a frail girl and Kacchan retaliated by saying (and I quote) "She's anything but frail, dumbass.". Kacchan saying such a thing was practically unheard of. If Kacchan said that about Ochako after their fight, it showed that he had a grudging respect for her ability to fight.

The next two fights were both over within minutes. Todoroki and Sero fought first. Sero barely had time to react to Todoroki before a huge iceberg swallowed him. I could feel the chill in the air from my seat. Sero had my deepest sympathy since he was encased in ice which was so cold it felt like it was freezing the skin off of your bones.

The second fight was between Kaminari and a boy from general studies called Hitoshi Shinso. I recognised him as the boy who confronted our class the previous day. I was curious as to what his quirk was, he seemed physically fit so he could clearly hold himself in a fight. As I've said, the fight was over nearly as soon as it started. When Auntie Nemuri initiated the match, Shinso sprung into action with his quirk. "Are you ready to fight?" He shouted over to Kaminari. "Yeah! I was born re-" Kaminari suddenly stopped talking. Confused whispers echoed around the stadium as Kaminari simply turned around and started walking away. I looked at Shinso closely. He was staring directly at Kaminari, he watched his movements very closely, his eyes narrowed in concentration. I gasped loudly as soon as I figured out what his quirk was. Brainwashing. I whipped out my quirk analysis book and started scribbling feverishly about what I could see about Shinso's quirk. Theories ran through my head at speeds which made it hard to think coherently. I looked up in time to see Kaminari walk out of the ring before he snapped out of his trance and looked around in confusion. "Kaminari walked out of bounds! Shinso wins!" Midnight shouted as the crowd cheered.

I watched as Kaminari whipped around to look at Shinso with a wide mouth. I could see him splutter but be silenced when Shinso walked beside him and said something to him. From the looks of Shinso's body language, the way leant in and smirked, he had whispered something to Kaminari which caused Kami's face to immediately turn red.

*Kaminari's POV*

I was so confused. One minute I was looking at Shinso, the next Midnight's voice shouted that the match was over and Shinso had won. I looked around and saw that I had stepped out of bounds. It occurred to me that Shinso probably had some sort of control quirk. I spun around and looked at Shinso in shock as he swaggered toward me with a slight smirk on his face. As he reached me he put his mouth by my ear and exhaled, making me shiver due to his hot breath, and whispered in my ear. "I think you're one of the cuter guys I've controlled." he flirted before he smirked at me and walked away. My face flushed a vivid red colour before I hid it in my hands and walked away from the public eye as fast as possible.

(AN: I can't flirt. That's the author's note. I don't know how to flirt.)

*Izuku's POV*

The fight after Shinso's and Kami's was Tokoyami and Yaomomo's. I wasn't sure who was going to win initially, but it was clear as soon as the fight started that Tokoyami would claim victory. I think Yaomomo must have panicked slightly when she saw Dark Shadow coming towards her because she didn't make any offensive moves. She was purely defensive and ended up getting pushed out of the ring. When Auntie Nemuri announced that Momo had lost, I felt really bad for her. The dejected look on her face made my heart ached. She looked really put out.