20

I texted Natalie when I got to her apartment building and she replied with in seconds with the code to get into her apartment. She lived on the seventeenth floor. The elevator door opened up into her apartment. It screamed Natalie. It looked like it hadn’t been lived in at all. The starch scream white couches didn’t have a wrinkle and the carpet didn’t even have a footprint. Fashion and interior design coffee books littered the tables in an orderly fashion. Light pink curtains draped from the windows. It was a lovely apartment much different from Zayn’s cluttered dusty one.

“Natalie?” I called. The double doors to my left opened and a mad yet curious Natalie stormed out of the room. I saw Mr. Pearson in her bed in the room sleeping. A shudder went up my spine but at least I was coming to accept it.

“You.” She said grabbing my arm and pulling me into the kitchen. I didn’t even realize how hungry I was since I had not eaten breakfast. “First off are you hungry?” She asked as I sat down at her white marble island.

“God yes.”

“Your pick.” She held up a couple granola bars. That was considered a snack to me not a breakfast.

“Do you have eggs?” I asked laughing as I opened her fridge.

“I don’t know how to make them.” I sighed and began fishing around her kitchen for what I needed.

“Tell me everything about last night.” She rested her chin on her hands like I child awaiting a bedtime story.

“I just met a really cool guy. We didn’t do anything we just talked about life. It was nice.” I smiled up at her and laughed as her face changed from excited to bored.

“Ugh Katherine I’m snoozing! Well who is this guy?” She asked as she picked up a spoon to admire her morphed reflection in.

“You wouldn’t know him. He’s an artist. Zayn Malik.” I turned around as Natalie dropped the spoon. Her jaw was to the floor and her mouth was slowing forming a smile.

“What?” I asked backing up against the counter top.

“Zayn fucking Malik?” She asked standing up and walking towards me.

“Yes?” I was freaked out about how she was reacting her face looked crazed and excited. “Why are you acting like that?”

“Because Zayn Malik is one of the richest twenty year olds in New York. He doesn’t even like to hang out with Willard girls, he thinks there snobby. His parents are like the Style’s rivals.” Natalie explained.

“Are you serious?” I rested my head on my hands.

“Harry hates Zayn. Since Zayn has actually made himself be recognizable by himself and not by his parents Harry feels threatened by him.” Natalie smiled as she grabbed one of the blueberry scones resting under a glass dome cake stand. “So nothing happened?”

“We talked like I said. He invited me to his gallery opening he has next Friday.” I mentioned. Natalie’s face lit up.

“No way!” She said her mouth stuffed with scone.

“You and Mr. Pearson can come.” I smiled at her. That got he even more excited.

“Please call me Wes out side of school Katherine.” Wes (Mr. Pearson) walked into the kitchen with his hair messed up from sleep. “I don’t know if that is such a good idea though.” He pointed out.

“Why?” Natalie pouted.

“Some teachers could actually be there!”

“You can say you are taking us on a field trip.”