xi

For once Weston actually had a day off, so he decided to surprise his kids by taking them to ice cream, it was Saturday so Weston didn't have to worry about school, but he usually has them do homework on Saturday's so they can relax on Sunday's

Weston let the kids sleep in today too, he looked at the clock and it said 10 am, pancakes already done her decided it was time to wake up the kids.

"Lucas, wake up buddy." Weston sits on the edge of Lucas's bed and starts to coax him awake.

"I wanna sleep, dad." Lucas whines rolling over to stuff his face in Weston's leg.

"I made pancakes, and I have a surprise for you guys later." That caught his attention, he looked at his dad.

"What kind of surprise?" Lucas tried which Weston knew he would try to do so Weston smiled.

"Get up and you can find out," Weston smirked getting up and walking to Trixie's room.

"Hey Sweetheart, time to get up," Weston said walking towards Trixie who yawns turning on her back she stretched her arms over her head.

"Why? You never wake us up on Saturday this late." Trixie swings her legs over and sits on the side of her bed next to Weston.

"I got a surprise for you guys, and I also made pancakes." Weston watches as Trixie's face lights up.

"Thanks!" Weston smiles and shakes his head when Trixie runs out of the room excited.

||

The kids were loaded up to get ice cream, they've been bugging Weston all morning but he hasn't budged because he wants it to be a surprise, Weston suddenly heard squealing coming from the backseat, he looked in the mirror and saw Lucas doing a happy dance which means he figured out where they're going.

"We're going to get ice cream?' Lucas asks with an excited tone.

"We're going to Coldstone," Weston replies pulling into the parking lot and parking.

"Thanks, Dad, you're the best." Trixie gets out and hugs her dad.

Weston walked in and let his kids order their ice cream first.

"Hello, I just wanted to say your kids are so cute." An old woman tapped Weston on the shoulder and said.

"Thank you." Weston smiled politely.

"You and your wife must be so proud." Weston cringed and hoped his kids weren't listening.

"Well, my wife is dead, so I hope she's proud too." Weston left the gaping woman to pay for their ice cream and get his own.