ix

Weston was tired but he promised Paul he would go hang out at his house to see how the date with Josie, then Weston was going to go eat with his brother to see how his wooing attempts on Grace went

Weston was tired but he promised Paul he would go hang out at his house to see how the date with Josie, then Weston was going to go eat with his brother to see how his wooing attempts on Grace went. His kids were at school, and he was off, usually, he would like to spend his days off relaxing but spending time with his friends wasn't too bad either.

Weston's phone beeped, he looked down, it was a text from Paul that included his address.

His apartment wasn't too far from the station so he decided to pick up some donuts on the way.

"Hi, Nicky." Weston walks into Red's Donut shop, pushing his sunglasses on top of his head he looks at the different kinds of donuts even though he already knows what he wants.

"What can I get for you West?" Nicky one of the owners asks looking at Weston.

"Dozen, one of each but for the rest do glazed and a half dozen of donut holes." Weston pulls out his wallet to swipe his card. Weston pulls out a 20 dollar bill and slips it into the tip jar, Nicky always complained that he tipped too much considering he only buys 10 dollars in donuts but Weston always does it.

"Thanks, West, how's that brother of yours doing?" Nicky asks as he hands over the donuts.

"He's good, he's trouble for Grace." Weston winks at Nicky who laughs.

"Poor girl, tell them I said Hi," Nicky tells Weston as he starts walking to the door.

"Will do Nicky, you have a good day Nicky!" Weston unlocks his car and puts the donuts in his passenger seat making sure they won't fall before pulling out of the parking lot.

He double-checks the address that he inputs and drives, once he pulls up to the apartment complex lot he text's Paul that he's here so Paul can open the door for him.

"Hey, how's it going man?" Weston says once Paul opens the door.

"It's going, hey you brought donuts, I need that." Paul notices the box of donuts and hurries to open his door.

When Weston walked into the apartment it was very Paul, homey but with a bachelor's vibe to it.

"Nice place." Weston sets the donuts on the counter and Paul gets plates.

"Thanks, it had a good price and it's pretty good looking if I say so myself." Weston opens the box and puts a donut and some donut holes on his plate.

"Can I have some water?" Weston asks motioning to the fridge.

"Sure, sorry, my mind is kind of going crazy today." Paul huffs when he takes a seat on the couch turning on the TV.

"So, are you gonna tell me what happened?" Weston asks after he swallows a bite of donut he took.

"It didn't work out." Paul huffs shaking his head.