63. Denial, Fear

1027 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡
~Yay 9k Views~
★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡

Written April 25 2020
Posted June 13 2020

The pizza had been great, and they'd spent the rest of the night watching a few movies together until they'd both retired to their own rooms for bed. Or at least that's what Ginzo had thought, but when he'd left his room in the middle of the night to get a drink, he was surprised to see Kaito dozing on the couch. The boy was curled up under the blanket, the soft light of the TV adding some light to the room. The inspector just rolled his eyes, turning off the TV before heading back to his room.

Hours later, Kaito woke with a start. Sweat soaking him as he panted, gasping for air. A small sob broke free, body trembling. It was dark, so dark, he couldn't breath. Tears ran down his cheeks as he struggled, clawing and scratching at his throat. He didn't want to die, he couldn't die, not now! He needed to breath, but he just couldn't, his throat felt like it was closing up, lungs burning. Why couldn't he breathe! Lips parted, the boy called for help, or at least he tried to. He was feeling light headed, he was going to die.

Ginzo scrambled, falling out of his bed at the ear shattering scream "The fuck?!" His heart was pounding from the jarring wake up call as he sat there stunned on the ground. It only took him a few moments to realize that the scream must have come from Kaito, the perimeter of their apartment was soundproof "Shit" Was Kaito being attacked? Why?

The inspector burst into the living room, a broom in hand. They didn't really have many weapons and a broom would help make up for any height differences. His gaze scoped out the room before he ran towards the struggling boy. The other's movements were erratic, and with the way Kaito was clutching his neck, he feared poison. Had the intruder poisoned Kaito then leave?

He turned on the nearby lamp, the soft yellow light illuminating the area. Kaito froze "Kaito?" Fear gnawed at him.

Kaito let out a soft whine, throat muscles loosening, he could breath again. Though doing so kinda hurt. He flung himself at Ginzo, latching onto him as he cried. He felt safe near the inspector.

Ginzo stared wide eyed as Kaito began to babble about not wanting to die, words almost indecipherable. He didn't know what else he could do to help so he just held the boy close. He couldn't help how his eyes burned at the confirmation that Kaito didn't want to die, he'd been honestly too scared to ask if that were the case or not. Too scared of the answer. It was reassuring that Kaito in fact didn't want to die, that he actually wanted to live "You're not going to die" He soothed, rubbing the boy's back "I won't let you" He'd be damned if Kaito died on his watch, or even after it.

Kaito kept on crying for a good while, but eventually he stopped to take in a shuddering breath "Keibu..." The boy's voice was hoarse, strained from both the scream and crying. His lashes were wet but no more tears were falling.

"You with me again?" Ginzo inquired softly.

The boy gave a small nod "Yeah"

The inspector's shoulders sagged "That must have been one hell of a nightmare" God that scream had been horrible.

A nightmare? Kaito was silent for a few moments "It wasn't a nightmare" He tentatively reached for his throat, grimacing at the scratches he could feel.

Ginzo blinked, only now noticing that there was a fair amount of blood coating both Kaito's neck and hands "Shit" He went to go get the first aid kit, but was stopped when Kaito grabbed his sleeve and pulled him back down.

"I'm fine" The cut felt shallow enough to not even be bleeding anymore. He clung onto the other "Just stay and I'll be fine"

Conflicted, Ginzo obeyed. The boy wasn't bleeding enough to be in danger, so he'd help the other's mental health first "What happened?"

Kaito's face fell as he lowered his head "I panicked" He glanced down at his bloodied hands, he hadn't even noticed the injuries until now. Indigo closed "When I woke up, it was dark" He sucked in a breath, a tremble running through his frame at the memory "So I panicked"

Understanding suddenly dawned on Ginzo. Kaito had left the TV on, but he'd turned it off. His brows furrowed, now that he thought about it, there had almost always been a light on wherever Kaito was since they've gotten back "You weren't scared of the dark before" He breathed.

The boy gripped the blanket, knuckles white "It was so dark then" His voice turned soft "So cold" His breath hitched, he could feel the icy water leaching away his warmth. Everything was black as he struggled, flailing against the water as it tugged and dragged at him, whisking him away, down into the water. Lungs burning they filled with the icy liquid. So dark, so cold, cold, cold, dark, help, his air- He jolted, cheek stinging with pain as he suddenly met Ginzo's gaze "Keibu?" He blinked, confused.

"So a good pinch can bring you back..." The inspector's tone was gruff, distressed. Fucking hell, this wasn't good.

Kaito frowned, rubbing his cheek "I didn't leave" Ow, he pitied all of the division 2 members who had to be pinched frequently during his heists.

Ginzo's gaze met his, eyes soft "You're suffering from PTSD" There was no way that he could deny it any longer. He wrapped his arms around Kaito, hugging him. Today had been colder than usual right? Hadn't Kaito mentioned the cold just now?

"No" The boy shook his head, he couldn't be suffering from that "I'm fine" He needed to be fine. Kaitou Kid couldn't have freak outs over the dark, it just wouldn't work.

"No you're not Kaito" Ginzo's eyes burned, the boy in front of him needed help, but he couldn't get him that help "You left" And probably went back to the docks if the boy's muttering was worth listening to. He tightened the hug, ever since the heist he's felt like Kaito had been slipping more and more.

Me: Ginzo had been warned about possible PTSD but now he's seen signs of it in Kaito~

Hope you enjoyed~

A good way to mess with someone is to switch the bags in cereal boxes.

Hide the good stuff in a box someone doesn't like or switch out their desired food XP

Or carefully transfer bag to older box so you don't have to wash hands after touching it all the time •~• just open box then dump the bag, wash hands, then put bag in old box~