97. Little Dove Little Dove

1030 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written March 27 2021
Posted April 17 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on May 1 2021

Much to Kaito's relief, Ginzo had ended up dropping the subject, allowing the boy to eat his meal in peace. It was tasty and warm, giving Kaito a bit of comfort. That was until an unexpected voice spoke out behind him "You've already gotten into another mess"

Ginzo almost choked at the sight of Akako suddenly appearing behind Kaito "Why the hell are you here?" He growled, hadn't she pestered Kaito enough already? The poor boy was already looking a bit pale.

Red narrowed as her lips curled into a dangerous smirk "I can't lose my pet too soon now can I?" Kaito had ended up being more effective than she'd thought he'd be, her powers had grown significantly since their deal had been made "I must keep an eye on him" For both weaknesses to exploit and actual danger.

Kaito resisted the urge to cringe as he felt her hand rest on his shoulder, her red painted nails glinted threateningly as they tapped against him "You have a plan regarding?..." A shiver ran through him as he thought about it "That?" He was starting to feel sick again just thinking about it.

The inspector eyed Kaito with concern, the other was looking a bit queasy. He didn't dare try to push the witch away from him though, that would be too risky.

"I could remove your fear" She offered.

"At what cost?" Kaito really hated being afraid, it was scary and made him feel exhausted. That didn't mean that he wasn't wary of the danger that the red witch posed.

"Your emotions of course" The witch studied her nails, as if she were admiring them.

"Absolutely not" Ginzo's reply was immediate. Akako had already called Kaito her pet, he wasn't going to let the witch mess with his emotions.

"Agreed" The nails felt a bit sharper than they should have, leading Kaito to believe that she was using magic to do it. Kaito felt one tap his throat, wincing when he felt it cut him. Thankfully it wasn't deep "Are you going back on your deal?"

Akako smirked, removing her nails from Kaito "No, breaking a deal would be bad" She flicked her fingers, the blood vanished. She couldn't really harm them, but there were many ways to get around that.

"If that was your only offer, can you leave?" Kaito was being ruder than he'd normally be, but he was stressed and didn't want to think about the problem anymore.

"Are you sure that is wise?" Akako purred, enjoying their unease "I had thought that you wouldn't want to die" A red aura seemed to surround her "According to Lucifer, Kaitou Kid will die when they seek the moon"

Alarmed, the inspector bristled instinctively "Then I'll steal the damn thing instead" If it was to protect Kaito... "Kaito's the one who activates the gems right? It should be fine if he doesn't touch it"

Kaito's eyes were wide "Keibu" He was really touched, Ginzo would steal for him?

Akako scowled, irked that these two males were looking down on Lucifer's abilities "You can't fight fate without magic" And even then it rarely worked.

"Well that's what we're going to do" Ginzo scoffed "Who's to say that you're not trying to manipulate us by making that up anyways?!"

"Keibu!" Kaito hissed, hopping over to cover the inspector's mouth "Don't mock her when it comes to Lucifer" His tone was dead serious.

Ginzo paused, meeting Kaito's fearful gaze before pulling away "Fine" He crossed his arms "But no deals that could harm Kaito are being made"

"Fine, but I'm going to work him hard for one more week before he goes and dies" Protective oaf... "I'll just recite the fortune" Maybe they- or Kaito will change his mind. The youngest knew that her fortunes held power.

The little dove shakes

Tormented by the red fate

It spirals and falls

Clinging oh so hard

Growing weak, it fights and fights

A painful failure

Poor scared little dove

It will die, never to fly

It won't walk away

Kaito visibly trembled, indigos blown wide as he sagged against Ginzo. That, did not sound good at all. He was going to die, he was- The boy swallowed, turning his gaze towards Ginzo "We'll prove it wrong" He would believe that everything would be okay, his future wasn't going to be taken from him. If he hadn't sorted things out with Ginzo, he might have given up like he tended to do. However he'd promised to believe that things would turn out mostly okay, so that was what he was going to believe. He didn't want to sabotage his own happiness anymore.

Ginzo smiled, giving Kaito a nod "Of course, we've come this far haven't we?" He turned and shot a glare at the witch "We won't be making any deals that harm Kaito" He stated once more.

Akako was shocked, though she hid it well. Kaito's mental strength was stronger than she'd anticipated... "Very well then, rest a bit since we're going out tonight little pet" She disappeared.

"Since when has she been calling you her pet?" The inspector was scowling just from the implication of what the witch thought of Kaito.

"One of the gems gave me feline features for a bit" Kaito sighed.

Ginzo's gaze softened "I wish I could have taken a picture" He ruffled Kaito's hair, feeling so proud. Kaito was actively hoping that his future would be okay.

Kaito blushed "Nooo" Misty would have teased the hell out of him if she'd found out, which she would have.

The inspector laughed before his smile faded into a thin frown "You should rest to make sure that you stay safe tonight" He liked Akako even less than before, the witch was cruel and nasty.

"I guess..." Kaito sighed, he'd been hoping that he'd get a bit of a break but it wasn't meant to be "I might not be around much..." He looked away "I want to work on the cure and my recent findings were looking good" And just because he was being hopeful, it didn't mean that his habit of being cautious had been wiped away. He would never dare risk dying without fixing Ginzo's predicament, or at the very least leaving the tools to do it. He wasn't planning on dying, it was just a habit.

Me: Will they prove the fortune of the young Akako wrong?

And yikes Akako, she's kinda creepy with how much she butts in... Creepy magical stalker...

It's written as 3 Haiku ^-^ I am proud

Hope you enjoyed~

... I love the chapter timing >~<

I call margarine butter because it's easier to say XP... And I grew up doing that since actual butter was something not allowed