101. Dalmatians... Sorry

1019 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written May 1 2021
Posted May 22 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on June 5 2021

Next month... The start of a climax

Ginzo sighed, Kaito was such a worrier when it came to others "I trust in your skills, if the tests came out all right then it's fine" He gave Kaito's shoulder a quick pat "I already took it so worrying about it would just waste time that we could be using to prepare for the heist instead" They couldn't undo what he'd already done.

Kaito nervously bit his lip "You're right..." But if you start feeling funny tell me immediately, I don't care if it's in the middle of the heist or not" Ginzo's health was more important than the heist. 

"Okay" That sounded fair. He glanced over at the duct "Should we move on to real ducts?" There was only so much duct that could fit inside the living room without it becoming a hazard. 

The boy was silent for a few moments before nodding in agreement, he was still feeling frazzled about the pill but did his best to shove it out of his mind "Yeah, I know the perfect place for you to practice" He started heading towards the door.

"Wait"

Kaito blinked, turning around in confusion "What?"

Ginzo smirked "You're still carrying the chicken" Did Kaito really forget?

Blushing, Kaito looked down at his own wrist to see that yes, he did still have the chicken "I'll put this away first then" He hurried over to the fridge, shoving the chicken inside "We're going to have you practice at Haido City Hotel"

"Why there exactly?" Ginzo inquired as he grabbed the outdoor clothing that Kaito often used for his Kuroba Kite disguise. They really hadn't thought to get him outdoor clothing for his real form since he could always just use what they had instead.

Indigos gleamed "It's a big building so it would be hard to locate you if anyone gets suspicious" Kaito smiled "Plus it's a hotel so any weird noises can be blamed on people in different rooms" Many different people stayed in hotels and he'd come across some very questionable rooms, it would be more shocking if Ginzo did actually get caught.

"That makes sense" There was no heist so people wouldn't immediately come to the conclusion that someone was moving around in the vents. They headed outside and called a taxi. It was still snowing.

When they arrived at their destination, instead of heading inside, Kaito led him to the back. The boy grinned as he raised his arm, shooting a grappling hook at the roof "We're climbing up" Kaito gave the line a testing tug, connected a different wire to Ginzo, then started his climb. He wouldn't be able to catch the other if Ginzo fell so there'd be no point in him being in the back.

Ginzo swallowed nervously, hesitating for a few moments before copying Kaito "You make it look a lot easier that it actually is" The inspector spoke through grit teeth. It took a lot of strength to actually pull himself up, thankfully despite having been shrunk for so long, his arms hadn't weakened too much.

Kaito easily made it to the top long before Ginzo, so he just stared over the edge to watch the other struggle. He wasn't worried about Ginzo falling, he'd attached a safety line to him just to be safe since climbing a building could be difficult for those not used to it. The boy smiled to himself, he'd probably be able to climb this one without a rope if he really wanted to. Eventually, Ginzo did indeed make it to the top. Though he was panting and exhausted as a result. Kaito snickered as the other just laid down on the roof "Are you okay?" He asked teasingly.