30. The Superintendent

1003 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own MK/DC~

☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡
~Yay 30 chappys~
~3K Views~
☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡

Written November 2 2019 (seems like forever ago...)
Posted February 6 2020

When Hakuba Danashi saw that one of the lights were on within the house, he didn't really think much of it. He's quickly learned that his son often liked to stay up and read. He had no problem with it, so long as it didn't negatively affect Saguru's studies or health. So to say that Danashi was surprised to see both his son and Kaitou Kid sitting on a couch, drinking tea together would be an understatement.

"Sa-" Danashi stuttered, not really sure on what he should do in this situation. It wasn't likely that he'd be able to catch the white thief. Kid flashed a wide grin, finding the older's confusion to be highly amusing.

Saguru let out a soft sigh as he placed his tea down onto an end table, he'd been enjoying his chat with Kid and had been hoping that his father would stay late in the station "Father" He nodded in greeting "I don't know what offer Kid has but I would advise you to take it into consideration" He stated, glancing at the phantom thief "Maybe after you will understand why I suddenly wanted to go back to London" He hadn't told his father why he'd wanted to leave, instead he'd just requested for it to happen.

Kid inwardly snickered at the superintendent's confused expression as the younger Hakuba got up from his seat and left the room. Once Saguru had left he tipped his hat at Danashi "As your son said, I have a request that I'd like you to hear" He breathed.

Danashi's gaze narrowed at the thief, he knew that the other could easily disappear from here if he wished to "It seems odd that you would come to me of all people with a request" It was odd, his son had seemed perfectly at ease while in the presence of the other.

The thief nodded "I understand your concerns" He agreed, the superintendent didn't get to where he was by being an idiot "But before I say more, I need to warn you of the possible dangers there will be if you were to heed my request" He paused momentarily before continuing "Are you willing to risk your life and those you care about to help others in need?" He asked "Your son should be safe either way if he leaves for London soon" He affirmed, getting that bit of possible confliction out of the way.

The superintendent studied the thief, he'd heard that Kid often helped the police to take down more dangerous criminals. This was probably going to be one of those moments "I became an officer so that I could help protect others" He easily replied, that, and he'd been heavily influenced by his own father.

Veiled indigos darkened "There will be no going back once you know" He warned "The situation is more dangerous than you could ever imagine" He met the other's gaze "If you speak of this to anyone, you'll most likely end up dead soon after" He licked his lips "And both myself an innocent may possibly die as well. While Ginzo was technically a police inspector, he was still seen as an innocent in regards to the Crow's schemes. He was someone who shouldn't have been involved as he was.

Both of Danashi's brows raised at that. The way Kid was talking, made it seem like there was a criminal group or possibly something even larger than that "If you're speaking the truth, then I will keep my word" He knew better than to give up the chance to take down dangerous criminals due to not wanting to work with a harmless criminal.

Kaito swallowed, this was it. Everything would either all go according to plan, or he'd need to bolt and meet up with Ginzo somewhere else "When this is all over" He lowered his head "I plan to turn myself in" He removed both his hat and monocle, meeting the older's gaze. To be trusted, one needs to offer a show of trust in return "So please don't try to trick me into getting caught, there would be no point, and it would needlessly endanger everyone involved.

Danashi gaped, having not expected the elusive thief to give away his identity so easily. He took a few steps forwards and tugged at the other's face and freezing when he felt real skin instead of latex. After a few moments his gaze narrowed, Kid's head was too small for his body "You're proportions are off" He stated in confusion, Kid's face was that of a child.

Kaito gave him a small smile, his heart hammering within his chest. He was set to bolt if he needed to "I'm actually a child, but I'd rather not remove my false limbs here" Nobody would believe Danashi if he decided to capture him. Indigos glimmered with both veiled fear and open amusement "Nakamori-Keibu was confused at first as well" He offered, observing the other's reaction.

The superintendent started "He's alive?" He asked softly, he'd disappeared so long ago that the search for him had been long given up on. It was pleasantly surprising that the other was in fact alive.

The boy nodded "Yes, he's been living with me" Indigos sharpened "It's too dangerous for it to get out that he's still alive, please act like he's dead whenever you're questioned about him" He didn't want Ginzo to die.

Danashi looked into Kaito's eyes and nodded, he didn't doubt the sincerity in the other's gaze. Kid was telling the truth. The fact that Ginzo was apparently living with the thief also said a few things about the situation. He knew that Ginzo more than anyone had wanted to capture Kaitou Kid, so for him to agree to living with said thief, said a lot. Danashi took in a breath "Explain everything to me, I need to know what I've agreed to do" He had a small inkling feeling that he wouldn't like what he'd hear. After all, why would a child dress up as an adult thief?

Me: Danashi's name has no meaning, don't look into it XP I just chose it at random since his name was never given to us~ It's kinda like how the name of Kaito's mom differs in the older fanfics you can find~

Hope ya enjoyed zee chappy~

Berry bought garlic and onion Naans (a flatbread thingy) to make pizzas... she opened bag to sniff, didn't smell anything, so she put nose in deeper... then *WHAM* Nose stinging and eyes burning. Regret was strong...

That bag was sealed really well to mask such a strong scent...

At least the house smelt nice for a few days... Yes I like the smell of garlic XD it's associated with many yummy foods~