23

23 — MAKE XIGMA HIGH GREAT AGAIN

for it's a cruel game, i cannot lose.

EUNSANG.XMK: hyeongjunie, i think it's better for you to pay attention rather than looking down on your phone too much.

hyeongjun glances at the latter's new text and frowns. "with minhee and the other hyungs putting their attention on the elections too much, you're my only friend eunsang-ie. i think it's obvious why i rely on you for a conversation."

EUNSANG.XMK: but still,,, the other boys are in front preparing for the debate ( ′)

EUNSANG.XMK: you don't wanna give them a shout of encouragement?

hyeongjun lifts up his head, waving his hands visibly to the people lining up on top of the stage. "kang minhee! fighting!"

minhee replies his best friend with a subtle smile, though his inner reaction is actually so much more because it's kinda obvious that he is really needing that kind of encouragement at the moment. his legs were shaking, he couldn't get a grip of the microphone.

yohan is busy preparing the team alongside dongpyo, that's why they did not respond to hyeongjun's words of support. "okay team! you know what to do. yerim—"

"think about nice comebacks to shoot back to the other team, got it." yeri cuts him short.

"dohyon, practice your lines. dongpyo, make sure minhee's still on his feet, don't let him faint on stage, that's a huge no-no. and na jaemin—"

"i'll do you the favor," jaemin swiftly enters the conversation without anyone in the crowd noticing. "but only because i don't think it's a huge of a deal. this is the first and the last favor that you could ever get from me."

yohan smirks. "noted."

jaemin quickly gets to his seat before anyone from the other side suspect of their sudden collaboration. he clears his throat and fixes his uniform as a way to prepare himself.

"what's the favor?" dongpyo asks.

"minhee is candidate number one." yohan answers. "he will be the first to speak, and also the first to appear at the election boxes. kind of an advantage for lazy voters who chooses anyone from the list, they usually choose the number one candidate."

"ah.. great thinking." dongpyo nods his head in endearment. perhaps he should think of being dohyon's campaigning team next year and use the same method for him instead.

"ladies and gentlemen and non-binary individuals, welcome!" hangyul greets with his ear catching husky voice, grabbing the attention of all the students. "i, lee hangyul, moderator of this election am going to begin presidential debate. anything you'd like to add before we start, na jaemin-ssi?"

jaemin stands up from his seat. "i will announce the order of the candidates. kang minhee will serve as the first, whereas cha junho the second. this sequence will be used until the end of the elections."

cha junho raises his hand. "but jaemin-ssi, this matter we haven't discussed—"

"and so i don't see it as a matter to discuss, candidate number two." jaemin quickly responds, ignoring him. "please return back to your seat."

junho bitterly sits back down, glaring at minhee in annoyance. he must've had really wanted the first candidate title.

"okay, you may start, hangyul-ssi." jaemin raises his voice, referring to the moderator.