10

10 — TELL EACH OTHER LIES

how in the world am i going to see,
you as my brother, not my enemy?

seungyoun, being unusually quiet throughout the whole conversation, took the chance to be more observant of his surroundings instead; he paid deep attention to the boys, keep in track of their thoughts and their change of emotions. he's not usually like this before.

and to his surprise, yohan doesn't seem like himself either.

so the situation is quite simple: seungyoun has his attention on yohan, where as yohan's consumed by deep thoughts of daniel. doubt, that's what seungyoun notices from him. a huge amount of a doubt.. and that usually triggers the butterfly effect into the brink of disaster.

and so by that, with his curiosity rising, seungyoun decides to ask yohan privately using his thoughts. he's never done this before to him, he's not even sure if the boy's aware of this sort of power or not, but as intentionally calling him over to have a private talk might cause a stir of suspicion among the other boys, (and that's something seungyoun would not like to apprehend) especially when his behavior after knowing the truth of his past is none or less questionable even to his closest friends. and like so, he sends yohan a quick message through his thoughts.

if you have something in mind, just spill it. daniel's leaving soon.

yohan's eyes widen in shock, then he turns to seungyoun. he points at him instantly, causing the other boys to stop what they're doing and just stare. "did you just say something, hyung?"

wow, is he really this dramatic? seungyoun shakes his head. "no, i didn't say anything."

"really? because i could've swore i heard you just now.."

"he didn't say a word." dohyon clarifies himself. "i'm starting to take concern of this situation, because seungyoun-hyung usually couldn't keep his mouth shut. this is a quite a breakthrough though, i'm glad to be able to refrain from hearing you speak."

seungyoun scowls. "yah, dohyon-ah, don't spread lies."

after a shortwhile, seungyoun decides to try another attempt, hoping that yohan could take notes of what he's about to say without panicking. yohan, this is me trying to communicate with you. now please silently get out of the room because we need to talk—

"you're doing it again!" yohan turns his head back at seungyoun. "stop talking to me without actually talking!"

you might be a genius, but you're seriously bad at taking a wild guess! seungyoun was agitated.

seungwoo sighs. "seungyoun-ah, stop messing with the kid's head."

"hey, i'm not messing with his head—"

wooseok laughs. "finally, seungyoun has someone else to bother other than me. don't worry yohan-ah, he's probably trying to remind you of that food stain on your teeth."

"on my teeth?? where is it—"

having enough of this, having enough of yohan, seungyoun decides to get up from his seat and drag yohan out with him, see if the boy could explain it himself. "i need to talk to you.. need to talk to daniel-ssi." he also pulls daniel's arm and forced the both of them out to talk.

"hey, hyung! what is this?!" yohan yells. "for the last time, I AM NOT AN ANIMAL!"

"and i'm not cupid, but guess what? i'm here to unite you both because you guys seriously got into my nerves." seungyoun groans.