13

13 — SEEKERS OF THE TRUTH

everything didn't have to end up like this, you know.

junho didn't participate the remaining classes until lunch break.

dongpyo suspects it is because junho wanted to inform about the imnet course not only to his class but to every class, therefore dongpyo didn't bother to spread the news in the x1 groupchat because he knew sooner or later they'd know without him telling.

there's no junho, no eunsang. during the lunch break, dongpyo originally planned on meeting up with hyeongjun and minhee to discuss of the matter (having junho collaborating with imnet is certainly not the best scenario out there) but as he was climbing up the stairs to the second floor he encounters someone else who turns out had awaited for his presence.

a steady hand holds on to his shoulder. dongpyo turns around. "what..?"

"dongpyo-yah!" kim yohan glances at him hopefully.

dongpyo scoffs. "you."

"you and your everlasting frown. you know it takes more muscles for you to do that than smiling?"

"and do you know it takes more muscles for me to hit you in the face?" dongpyo huffs. "but if my calculations are correct, it must be worth it."

"ouch." yohan smirks. "anyway, you were there when robot informed things to your class, right?"

dongpyo nods uninterested. "junho's in my class. he spoke to my class first before he proceeds to visit the other classes."

"great, that means we're on the same page." yohan gestures to follow him. "dohyon and i got an idea, you're included. come and i'll explain it to you later."

"just me?"

"dohyon's calling minhee and hyeongjun from the other class too, we're going to discuss somewhere out of junho's radar."

dohyon and yohan? such a random pair, a strange one at most. dongpyo raises an eyebrow. ".. is this an offer or an obligation?"

"a threat," yohan laughs. "if you decline, maybe i'd actually consider burning your limited edition bts photocards."

dongpyo's eyes widen.

".. i'm just kidding."

"good, because if you do plan to lay a finger on a single photocard of mine, i'm going to kill you."

"how? by turning into a pencil again?"

dongpyo glares at him. not wanting to pick up a fight, the boy grabs his phone instead and swipes to the x1 group chat that is pinned right above. "wait, lemme just tell everyone about it—"

"nope," yohan snatches the phone away from him before dongpyo could even type a word.

"huh, what's with the secrecy?"

"because.." yohan takes a deep breath. "technically, not all the boys are invited."

"dongpyo-yah, finally you came!" hyeongjun's voice brighten.

dongpyo gets into the class smoothly, leering at hyeongjun. "what, you really think i'd let this slide?"

dohyon gives him a look. "i certainly almost thought you were going to let go of the offer. i was this close to forcing your body up this floor so we could talk."

"but then again, that doesn't sound very much friendly, dohyon-ah." dongpyo sits down at the table, crossing his legs. "so what's with the sudden meeting here?"