After showering and having breakfast, I choose a white spaghetti strap gown, which had the back dip to the lower waist, such that, the whole of my back was exposed in a sexy way.

I looked really beautiful when I put it on. I knew that because of how Baxter glared at me with admiration. He sat me down, helped me with my make up and fixed my jet black hair into a top notch hairstyle. He chose a beautiful necklace and put it around my neck.

"You know, I'm still curious about this thing." he says, moving his finger along the lines of the mark that stretched along my nape. It looked like a tattoo of a dove of some sort, I've had it for as long as I can remember. Probably since I was born. How I got that mark will forever be shrouded in mystery, I chose to ignore it.

"Me too." I say. "I love this necklace. Where did you get it?"

"I got it from sample sale when I went for shopping with Marie. She insisted that I gave it to you." he says.

"It's beautiful. Thank you."

"You look beautiful, Eva." he says, giving me a hand to stand up, and then twirls me around for a 360 view.

I giggle. "You don't look bad yourself, Baxter." I give his tuxedo a long look over. His brown hair was gelled to the side stiffly, his stubble neatly shaved, his sharp jawline standing out, looking incredibly attractive. If he didn't have Marie, I would've grabbed his perfect face and kissed it.

"Stop checking me out, and get your head outta the gutter." he snaps.

"I have the right to admire my best friend's beauty, don't I? I can't wait for Marie to see you looking like all hot and sexy like Apollo."

"Eva..." he groans warningly.

"She'll probably change her mind about going to the party and drag you to the bed..."

"Shut up." Baxter cuts in, blushing furiously. A small smile creeps onto his face. "Speaking of Marie, she'll be picking us up in five minutes. So stop blabbering and get ready."

Marie sticks to her word and picks us up after five minutes. Her car is an old, big black Jeep.

"Hey, did I mention that you guys look hot?" she asks.

"It's all him." I grin, giving Baxter's cheeks and playful squeeze. He swats my hand away.

"Baby, you look really handsome in that tux." Marie says, kissing his hand. "I'll keep you real close."

"You guys!" Baxter laughs. "I don't look that great."

"Oh yes you do."

We pull into the driveway of the Sanchez mansion. I look around and gasp, my eyes widening..

"Okay, I feel embarrassed parking my car amongst these expensive ones. This is humiliating." Marie says, looking around in wonder.

"They really are rich folks." Baxter adds. "Look at the house. Are you sure we're at the right place?"

"There'll be even more rich folks around. I feel privileged to be invited." Marie puts in. "Especially when the Lockmores have been invited as well."

"The who?" I ask, confused.

"Eva, the Lockmores. One of the most popular billionaires in the city, and family friends of the Sanchez family. They own Apexi industries. I can't believe you don't know about them."

"Oh right!! They're the Lockmores? They're the ones in the magazines..." I gasp, getting off the car. Baxter and Marie follow suit.

"I've heard about the Lockmores." Baxter says. "Rich people are overrated."

"Have you seen the successor, Hudson? Believe me when I say he looks like a billion dollars." Marie gushes, as Baxter rolls his eyes.

"Tell me about it." I grab her arm with excitement. "And he's going to be there?"

"Mhm." Marie nods.

"Ladies, you're walking really slow. We'll be late. And I'm still here, Marie. " Baxter retorts.

We show the security guard our invitation card and walk in. I gape at the fabulousness of the mansion. There's slow music at the background, everyone is wearing expensive clothes, talking softly and sipping on wine. Marie and I interlock arms with Baxter's as we walk in, admiring the interior design and baronial party decorations.

So this is what being rich looks like.

Hey there! Vote if you liked this. Share your thoughts if you have any. Say hi if you don't have much to say. All will be appreciated. Thanks 💜💙💛💚

🎵
Song recommendation for the mood:
7 rings by Ariana Grande 👌
Talking to The Moon by Bruno Mars 👌