Chapter 6

(Edited)

Chapter 6

Emily's POV

Oh no. This can’t be good. Am I regretting I asked? No. I have to find out.

My parents were silent the whole drive home. Tension was in the air. No one dared to say anything. I wouldn’t dare.

Do I really need to know? Do I really want to know?

Ever get the feeling that butterflies are dancing inside your stomach?

Yup. I am pretty sure I am never as hell.

The feeling that you asked a question then you're afraid of what is the answer. Thats what I'm feeling right now. My dad and my mom were shooting worried glances at each other.

Oh shit. This is bad.

My dad parked the family car in the garage. As we enter our house my mom told me to sit in the single chair. After a few minutes my mom and dad beside me and I was in the middle. Few minutes have passed. No one said anything.

Then my father broke the silence.

"Kiddo, What we are gonna tell you is- umm, how do we say it." My dad said while pulling the back of his hair. He must be nervous. My dad always did that. My mother was holding on to the other hand of my dad.

And then another silence fell on us.

"Mom, Dad, Just say it. I'm about to get a heart attack." I said getting irritated.

"Honey, When you were young you had an accident." My mom said with a sad look in her face.

Oh. I had an accident. Not such  abig deal. "Wait what!?" I asked as I process what she just said.

When was this?

"You had an accident when you were young. There was a family across the street. You were playmates and you were really fond of each other." My dad took a deep breath and exhaled. "Unfortunately they were moving away. You were saying your goodbyes and then when they were about to go you chased their car and then you didn't see an incoming car."

I was speechless, I didn't know what to say. I want to say something but the words wont come out of my mouth. An accident? Seriously!? A car accident? I didn't even remember when did this 'ACCIDENT' occur.

"Ohmygod." I just said. I didn't know what to say. I had a freaking accident and I didn't even know what to say.

"I'm sorry Kiddo." My dad said apologetically. "And at that moment you fell into a coma and then when you woke up you didn't even remember anything. Even your own name" My mom continued.

WHAT.THE.HELL

“AN AMNESIA!? AND I DIDN’T EVEN NOTICE IT?” How can I not notice a such thing?

Are you kidding me? Are you freaking kidding me!? An AMNESIA!? Seriously!?

"That's not all." My dad said. And my mom gasped and glared at my dad. Its as if they were speaking with each other through their eyes. "You promised that we will tell her when she's ready!" My mom whispered a little loudly. "Honey, She's ready. We cant hide this forever we should tell her now. Its now or never." My dad said to my dear mother.

Okay. What was that? Its as if they forgotten about me and they kept arguing.

Wait… THERE’S FREAKING MORE!?

"Tell me what?" I asked loud enough for them to hear. They looked at me. My mom and dad inhaled deeply and exhaled. I was beginning to feel nervous. My dad looked at me straight to the eyes and he said the words I could never even imagine coming out of his mouth.