Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I was utterly speechless.

Did I hear right? Madison and Brody together? Asked her out? What?

"Hey. Are you still there?" Madison asked through the phone. Answer her EMILY!

"Yeah. What were you saying?" I barely answered. I wanted to say No but I can't. I would but I won't.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I said my voice wavered.

"Nothing. I just expected you to be more- I don't know, happy?" She said sadly.

"I am. I am happy for you." I said with enthusiasm. Lies. My inner self told me.

"Okay. Thanks. I just wanted to tell you. You know, because, we're friends." She said shyly. Aww. She's so cute.

"Yeah! Well. I'll see you tomorrow. This conversation is getting cheesier by the minute." I said and we both laughed. "Yeah bye" She said and she hang up.

Music. I need music to take my mind out of this fucked up mess. I put my earphones obviously in my ears. Then the song runaway played.

I stared yet again the ceiling. It's been a long day. I sighed.

Why am I even overthinking about this? It's not like it's the end of the world. Do I really like that damn hot player so much? Wait, did I just say he's hot? NO EMILY! STOP THINKING ABOUT IT! I should just move on. Even though we weren't even together. I have to. He's my friend. Yeah. My friend. And I did't want to change that. I should be happy. If he likes Madison, so be it. What's done is done.

I shouldn't be fantasizing about him being with me. For obvious reasons one, he doesn't like me, two, we're both taken.Ralph. My boyfriend. My angel. The sweetest guy I have ever met.

And he has Madison.

My phone suddenly rang and Ralph's face suddenly pops up. Nice timing.

"Hey" I said.

"Open your window" He said. Huh? "What?" I asked confused.

"Open your window" He said again.

"Again, I'm going to ask what?" I asked completely confused.

"Babe, just open the window. I'm about to fall." He hissed.

With that I bolted to the window and opened it.

There I saw him. In our gutter. Climbing,

"What the hell?" I asked helping him up.

Seriously, he could've just enter through our front door. He finally entered my room safely.

"Where's the romance in that? .... And your dad is going to cut my balls when he sees me here with his beautiful daughter" He said and I looked at him weirdly. "You're weird" I said. Blushin. Can you believe that? BLUSHING! I always did that.bThen I thought about something. Is he my Romeo? The apple to my pie? The straw to my berry? My James on team rocket?

"I'm not weird. I'm romantic." He said as he brought up a rose from his back and gave it to me.

"You're cute when you blush." He said and I blushed again. See, Ain't he the sweetest? Yep. Definitely my Romeo. My own lover boy.

"Shut up" I said as I plopped down my bed. "So what brings you here?" I said suddenly conscious. My room was small. And its pink. Ugh. Pink.

"I like your room. It feels so." He trailed off but continued. "Girly"