Chapter Four - The Hallow Closet

YEAH.. GUYS I'M SO SORRY! I COULDN'T UPLOAD CAUSE MY DAD TOOK MY COMPUTER CAUSE I RIPPED MY SCHOOL ASSIGNMENTS UP.. AND I TOLD HIM IF I DON'T UPDATE I'D LOOSE ALL MY READERS AND I WOULD HATE HIM FOREVER.. SO HERE I AM! ENJOY!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Lachlan's P.O.V
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I let out a mumbled scream as the man grabs my by the throat and applies pressure.

I look around with wide eyes and my now dark blue face and see Sam screaming, but I never noticed over my gasps for breath.

Alec snaps back into reality and kicks the man in the stomach, making the middle aged man fall to his side.

I grab my throat and try to breath, for a brief moment I think about finishing the job, this world has nothing to live for anyway, but I have to keep Sam alive, keep the baby alive..

I look at Alec who is now pulling his gun out, aiming it at the mans head.

I go to scream at him not to but it comes out in a croak.

I leap at his arm as he pulls the trigger.

I look to see if the man is dead, the bullet pierced through his neck and he has his hands wrapped around his neck to stop the bleeding, but it happens so quick he turns pale and his hands drop to the side.

A red substance starts swimming around the pavement around him, I know the substance as blood.

I hear Samantha gag and listen as her puke slaps off the pavement.

Then I realize how loud that shot was and how we just lost the herd.

"Shit" I mumble and look the way we lost the herd, and sure enough, in the blackness of night, the hundred or so Infected come around the corner in a slow pace.

"Inside!" I say loud enough for Samantha and Alec to hear.

They don't hesitate and I'm the one in the back, recovering for being choked.

I slam the door as quietly as possible as Alec and Sam are lifting the large Chesterfield towards the door, slipping it under the knob, and I lock the deadbolt on the door.

Alec runs to the window on the right and closes the curtains, Sam does so to the other side.

I slump down on the leather couch and listen to the soft thumps of Alec and Sam's boots hitting off the floor around the house as they lock the windows, close the curtains and locking doors.

I take this time to sit down and fully recover, looking around the dark room I see picture frames hung neatly up on the walls, in the picture a pretty woman, a little boy and that man that almost killed me, stood side by side.

I frown when I realize the man was alone.. He must of lost his family at the beginning.

I get up and slowly walk to the frame, taking it off the wall and laying it upside down on a coffee table next to a brown lamp.

I sigh when the picture isn't looking at me, filling me with guilt.

I get confused when I realize that I never noticed the power going out yet..

I slowly reach for the switch on the lamp and turn it.

The bulb comes to life, filling the room with a bright light, making me squint.

Alec and Samantha walk into the room quickly from the burst of light.

Maybe they thought it was a gunshot?

They sigh and walk to me slowly.

Sam reaches up to me and grabs my cheek, slowly pulling herself up to kiss me.