Chapter Nine - This Can't be Happening

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

    Lachlans P.O.V

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I run through the halls of the ship, pushing myself to get to Samantha. Beads of sweat roll down my face, I wipe them away and get distracted while wiping them away as I almost hit the blood stained wall of the hall.

I hear a loud scream of pain, and I know it's Sam.. "I'm Coming!" I scream, desperate to get to my wife.. What is wrong with her...

"In Here!" Claire says, pointing to a door to my left, and I almost fall while I turn, opening the door and stopping, to see the bed Sam is lid on is covered in blood, a few people around her, holding flashlights over her.

"What's going on.." I ask, no one in particular.

"She's... Gone into labor.. we are having trouble getting the baby out.." Alec says, hands covered in blood. My eyes widen and I start to sob.

"No..." I say.. tears falling out of my eyes.

"It's... It is.. Gonna' be.. Okay.." Samantha says, words breaking.

I rush to Sam's side, lacing our fingers together. She is pale, looks frail, like she is going to break into millions of pieces in, sweat covering her face.

"You got to push again.." Alec says, down ready to catch the baby. "The baby should be able to find it's own way out.. Something got to be wrong" Alec says, making me gulp.

"Okay.." Sam says, sitting up slowly, letting go of my hand and grabbing a hold of the metal bars that are above her head.

"Three..Two..One" Alec counts, and on one Sam screams and grunts, pushing with all the energy inside her.

I stand and start rubbing her back; "Shh.. it's okay, you said so yourself" I whisper into her ear, not knowing if I'm telling myself it will be okay or telling her.

"I See The Head! Keep Going!" Alec says, a smile on his face. "Get The Basket! We need to put the baby in it once it gets here!" Alec demands someone.

"One more big push now!" Claire encourages Sam, as I continue to rub her back.

Sam's eyes bulge and she takes a deep breath, pushing hard. "I Got It!" Alec cheers, just as Sam starts swaying and falls backward, her eyes rolling into the back of her head.

"No! Sam!" I scream, jumping up and catching her. "She Passed Out.." I say calmly.

"Is it a boy or girl?" I ask, my eyes on Sam.

I get no response. So I ask again.

"Boy Or Girl?" I say, softer this time. This time when I get no response I know something is wrong, so I lay Sam's head on the pillow and slowly turn to face the group with my baby.

Everyone looks at me, with sad eyes, Alec has a tear rolling down his face and he holds the basket with my baby in it.

"What is wrong..." I ask so soft I can barely hear myself. But I know what's wrong.. I just can't say it.

"I'm sorry Lachlan..." Claire says, tears strolling out of her eyes. "No.. You're lying.. The baby can't be... dead.." I say, but I know it is true.

Everyone nods.

"No...no...no.. It.. Can't.. Be like that!" I scream, my tears cutting off as I fill with anger. This world is so crewel.. 

"We're so sorry Lachlan..." a girl named Keisha says, looking sad.

I walk to Alec, taking the basket, looking at my.. dead. baby..

"It's a girl..." I say with a sad smile, staring at the copse.

"Daddy and Mommy love you angel.." I tell her.

This Can't Be Real.. I keep telling myself.. But I know it is.

My baby starts moving her arms and legs slowly.

My mouth opens and I smile, everyone else sprints forward, looking at the baby.

"She's Alive!" I scream, smiling.

"graghhhh" The baby makes weird noises and my head looks down to her.

Her eyes are opened, and yellow..

"No...." I say shaking my head.

"It isn't possible..." Alec says.

My Infected baby daughter starts kicking her legs and swinging her arms, growling loudly, trying to get at me, but can't move much from lack of strength.

"Why.." I say in disbelief. "This Isn't Happening.... I can't let her stay life this.."  I say, placing the basket on the table, staring the Infected who was once my baby daughter.

Slowly I reach to my left, looping my fingers through the loops on my knife, slowly taking it out.

I feel a hand on mine. "Lachlan.. You don't have to do this.. I can." Alec says, looking at the Infected baby.

I jerk my hand away, bringing my free hand up and holding the baby's hands down to her chest so she can't grab me.. Her gums snap as I get closer.

I place my knife against her temple, letting out a shaky breath as silent tears fall down my cheeks.

"Daddy loves you baby girl.." I say one last time. I thrust the knife forward, silencing her soft, hungry growls. Tears continue to roll down my face.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and a soft sob, I look to see Sam's head on my shoulder, staring at the baby.

I pull the knife out of my daughters skull with a burst of blood, and a squishing noise, and right after, someone throws a blanket over the basket.

And I slowly place my knife back into its holster and turn, embracing Sam in a tight hug, and let all my tears out.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

A/N: SORRY FOR THE WAIT.. AND SAD CHAPTER.. AND THE SHORT CHAPTER.. BUT I HAVE MORE COMING! JUST WAIT! BIGGER AND BETTER CHAPTERS SOON! ALSO! LEAVE A VOTE AND COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK :)

xoxoxoxo

~Mitch xD