N I N E T E E N

"It's carnival day! Wake up!" April squeals.

Peyton and I both pull my comforter up to cover our faces.

It was a sad attempt to block out all the squealing and not as effective as I was hoping.

April pulls the comforter back down. "Guys." I can sense that she's very close to my face. "Wake up. This is my favorite day. We need to get ready so we can go meet up with the guys! Your boyfriends are waiting."

I crack one eye open and see that April is indeed about 5 inches from my face. "Tom Holland is going to the carnival with us?"

She narrows her eyes at me and Peyton gives a sleepy laugh.

"Get up." April snaps. Peyton and I continue to lay in bed. "Now! It's carnival day!"

With a sigh, I climb out of bed and Peyton follows my lead.

As I grumpily brush my teeth with April and Peyton brushing theirs beside me, I decide that letting them both stay the night was a mistake. Especially in carnival day. This happens every year. They stay the night, we stay up late, and April wakes us too early.

Normally, waking up at 9am would be no big deal. But when we didn't go to sleep until well past 3am, it's the worst thing you could ever make me do. Girls gotta get her sleep.

We stayed up all night eating snacks and watching movies. Since they were over I didn't have my normal FaceTime with Will. So he texted back and forth with me instead.

Since the weather is supposed to be nice all day, I settled for a black long sleeved crop shirt, high waisted denim shorts and some strappy black sandals.

I washed my hair last night which means that my hair is a blank canvas today. Curls it is. I walked back into my bathroom after getting dressed to find Peyton kneeling on the closed toilet seat, doing her makeup in the mirror and April sitting cross cross applesauce on the counter top, curling her hair.

"Yo, where's the jams guys?" They both look up at me in the mirror without saying anything. "Okay, I'll put the jams on." I plug my curling iron in to start heating up while I get my phone and speaker.

After connecting my phone to my Bluetooth speaker and putting my phone on shuffle, I go back into the bathroom to get started on curling my hair. I climb onto the counter and sit beside April with my feet in the sink.

We spent a good hour doing our hair and makeup without saying a single word to each other. We just sang along to my music the whole time. In all honesty, it should not have taken a whole hour. It only took so long because there was a few times where we would randomly burst into dance and that threw us off track for a bit.

But when we were finally all ready to go, we jogged downstairs to wait for the guys to show up. We had decided that Will would drive his truck and Luke would drive his car. They're both picking people up along their way here.

By the time they all arrived it was just past 10:30. A knock on the front door made us all get up from where we were lounging on my couch watching Friends reruns on the tv. I stood up and put my black backpack purse on and collected my phone before meeting the girls at the front door. April had booked it to the door as soon as she heard the knock and Peyton hurried after her.

When I got to the door, it was wide open giving me a perfect view of all of my friends hanging out in my front yard, their cars parked near the curb. What surprised me though was that Will wasn't standing with the group, he was standing at the front door, eyes on me. When my eyes met his a grin stretched his lips and I couldn't help but to return his smile. I stopped in front of him and craned my neck to look up at him. "Hey."