S I X

We decided to split into two lanes for bowling. Since there was so many of us, it would take forever to complete a game if we all shared a lane.

It was Luke, Kelsea, Will, and I in the first lane. Then Peyton, Wyatt, Mason, and April in the second lane.

The guys decided that regular bowling was so lame and brought a bag of M&M's for us to play M&M bowling — whatever that was.

"Okay guys, here's how you play. Each M&M color means something. Blue means you have to do a little dance before you bowl, but we get to pick which dance. Red means you have to be spun until you're dizzy and then bowl. Yellow means you have to bowl while giving someone a piggy back ride. Orange means you have to bowl backwards. Brown means you have to answer a question truthfully. And green means you have to bowl with your non-dominant hand."

Some of us start laughing as Wyatt recites each rule to us. I can already imagine some of the hilarious dance moves we can make the guys do. I wonder who would be the best at twerking. I bring a hand up to my mouth to stifle a giggle. This is gonna be good.

Just as I finish tying the laces of my super cute—note the sarcasm—black and white bowling shoes, Will notifies me that I'm first up to bowl. Everyone squishes onto the couch together and watches me as I close my eyes and reach my hand into the bag of M&M's. I grasp onto the little candy and bring my hand out of the bag, opening my eyes.

Orange.

I look to Wyatt for a reminder as to what the color orange means.

"Orange means you have to bowl backwards." He states. Everyone seems to look unexcited at the boring color I picked, while I let out a breath of relief. At least it's not something embarrassing.

I pick up my blue, size 8 bowling ball and go to stand a few steps from the lane. Turning around to face my new found friends I give them a nervous smile, I bend my upper half down and roll the ball through my legs.

I felt a bit silly bowling like that, not gonna lie. But then I hear a few cheers and laughs from the girls and immediately join in on the laughter, forgetting my embarrassment & shyness. I hear the loud crash of the ball knocking over some pins and turn around to see that I've knocked over 8 pins and hear another round of cheers from everyone else.

Well that's a surprise.

While I'm waiting for my bowling ball to come out of the ball return, Wyatt explains that for the second part of our turns we can bowl regularly. That way we have a fair chance of trying to up our scores a little bit.

I take my second turn and knock down the last two pins, earning myself a spare. I walk back over to the couch and make my way down the line of high fives being awarded to me.

"I don't know how I did that," I lick my lips. "I'm horrible at bowling." I'm sure there is shock and confusing written all over my face.
They all laugh.

"Clearly you're not. You just got a spare." Mason says jokingly in a "duh" tone.

I haven't been bowling since I was 9. A girl on my gymnastics team had a birthday party at a bowling alley and I was invited to go. I had to use the kiddie rail, and even then I wasn't very good. No joke.

I went to take a seat on the couch and saw that the only space left on the couch was in between Will and Wyatt. Will has his arm draped across the top of the couch. Don't be a girl Katelynn. Just sit down. He's not going to bite. I hesitate for a second before taking the seat beside him. Okay one of these boys smells absolutely divine. Just then, Will leans forward to pick his phone up from the table in front of us and I catch a whiff of his scent. Okay it is definitely Will that smells divine. I have no idea what that scent is but I love it. I think I'm getting some sort of high off of it.