F I V E

It's almost 5:30 and the girls are supposed to be getting here any minute now since we have to meet the guys at 6. Actually they were supposed to be here nearly 20 minutes ago but you can't count on Peyton to be on time to anything.

I'm shuffling through some outfits in my closet trying to decide on what to wear tonight when I hear giggling outside my door. Seconds later my door opens to reveal Peyton and April with tears running down their faces.

I step out of my closet with concern on my face. Concern for myself because for some reason I decided to become best friends with two weirdos.

I notice that they have small smoothie cups in their hands from the smoothie place that's a few minutes away from my house. That's why they were late.

April hands me a strawberry banana smoothie, mmm my favorite, and starts telling me some story about how Peyton thoroughly embarrassed herself in front of the guy that works at the smoothie place.

I chuckle and shake my head at my two friends as I wait for them to pick out my outfit. They insisted on picking for me.

"So who all is here?" April questions.

"Just us. My dad and brothers went to a baseball game and my mom is at my aunt Aubree's house getting her nails done.

Aunt Aubree is my moms youngest sister. She went to school to learn how to do nails and now she does nails out of her house so that she can still be a stay at home mom. She actually has a pretty successful business going. My mom and I get our nails done free of charge since my mom colors and cuts Aubree's hair for free. And I babysit Aubree's 4 kids for free as well. Aubree is six months pregnant with baby number five so I've been babysitting a lot more since her and uncle Chris are always going to doctors appointments.

While the girls shuffle through my outfits I take the time to notice theirs.

Peyton is wearing a Tommy T-shirt under a denim jacket and faded black high rise shorts. Her outfit is finished off with white converse.

April is wearing a fitted knit sweater with jeans and booties. She accessorizes with a belt to match her booties and some jewelry.

"Okay I think this is the outfit." They both walk over to me on the bed with different pieces of an outfit in their hands.

They lay the outfit out on my bed and I look to see what they've chosen. They've laid out a white babydoll tank top, cut off denim shorts, a light pink bralette and some nude sandals to go with.

I look up at them before saying, "okay this is really cute but I'm gonna be cold wearing this."

Peyton walks back into the closet and comes out holding a cardigan that matches the color of my sandals. "Here you can wear this with it. We'll be inside most of the night anyways."

She's got a point. The plan is to meet up at Johnny's Diner and then after we eat we were gonna head to the bowling alley across the street. I wouldn't be spending much time outside.

I shrug, "Okay, I'll wear this." I hurriedly get dressed. It's 5:40 and the girls were wanting me to style their hair before we go. 

I walk out of my closet, now fully dressed, and find April sitting at the swivel chair in front of my bathroom mirror with Peyton sitting on the counter.

They both have their hair curled already, as requested by me, so this would make styling it much more easy and quick. For April's hair I just pull half of it up and tie an elastic around that to secure it. Then I create a little hole in the ponytail with my fingers and pull the ponytail through the hole to make a little messy twisted half up hair-do. For Peyton's hair I just make a dutch braid on the side and fan out the braid to make it look more full and messy. I hairspray both of their hair and we all check our appearances in the mirror one last time.