Chapter 3

LUKA'S POV

"Name the packs within a 500 mile radius." I look up to my father and repress a sigh.

"Blood moon, New moon and Blue moon." He shoots me a look and I correct myself. "Alpha." He continues to stride around the room with his head held high. I love my father but I can't stand these lessons. They're so boring.

"Name the top reigning Alpha's and their heirs." I sit up straighter and rack my brain for the answers.

"Blood moon pack, Alpha Joshua, his son Thomas will be the new Alpha in four years." He smirks.

"Good."

"New moon pack, Alpha Keenan, his son Tobias will be the new Alpha in... in," Aww shoot I can't remember. Father stops mid stride and frowns. Darn it... ok let me think. I am ten and he is three years younger than me. If I am going to be Alpha when I'm eighteen that's eight years from now...so.

"Oh! Tobias will be the new Alpha in eleven years." Father nods and continues his stride.

"Blue moon pack, Alpha Wren, his daughter Wynona will be the new Alpha in six years."

"Excellent pup. Now let's discuss pack borders, and then we will review general pack law." I groan and he's in my face within the second.

"I don't think you understand what you just did... because if you did know what just slipped out of your mouth then you know what is going to happen next." I visibly gulp and stand for my punishment. Father circles me menacingly before his eyes go dark. He growls low and I feel the hairs on the back of my neck raise.

"Prepare to be punished pup." My body begins to shake and I feel the wind around me 'swoosh' as my father ends up behind me. His hands grip my sides and I yelp. Before I can blink he has me on the floor bursting with laughter as he tickles the living daylights out of me.

"Ok dad! Ok I give!" He hovers over me with a big smile on his face before he offers to help me up.

"Alright pup let's get back to work." I shake off my giggles and punch his leg.

"I won't give in next time!" He shakes his head and sits at his desk.

Two days after my first shift I was released from the medical room in the pack infirmary. Naal was the first one to greet me with congratulations. He said it was so cool that I finally got my wolf and that he wanted private lessons on control and strength when he shifts. There were a few other pack members that congratulated me as well, including Beta Dave and Gamma Jo. It was nice to feel officially welcomed in the pack. Many members tested the strength of my mindlink by speaking to me through it. It was hard to get used to at first but it took me about an hour to master it. Though I'm still learning how to put up walls around my mind. Father says it's important that an Alpha can guard his mind; the pack doesn't need to know everything.

We've been doing "Alpha lessons" for almost a month now. It sucks because school is almost over and the weather is really nice and I want to play outside but instead I'm stuck here. It helps to know that when Naal shifts he will have his own lessons to go through too so I won't be the only one going through this torture.

"Where is our pack located?"

"Ohio State, Alpha."

"What is our land expanse?"

"Approximately 203.30 miles, Alpha."

"Our borders?"

"According to the human maps we are located between Akron, Ohio and Newark Ohio, Alpha." He smiles and nods.

"Who is our closest neighbouring pack?"

"That is Blood Moon pack, lead by Alpha Joshua, Alpha."