Excerpt from the sequel

"Hit harder Raelynn you won't be able to fight off those demons if you can't face them." I watch from afar as she huffs and pants trying her hardest to fight back. Naal smirks at her and speeds past her punch.

"Wolves are quick and analytical. They will play with you long enough to know your weakness and then exploit them without hesitation. You must be stronger than that." She swings a fist towards him but he's already out of the way.

"You must be smarter than that." Her leg kicks low trying to trip him but he laughs and dances around her. He's obviously having too much fun teasing her.

"And you must be faste- Oof!" Rae knocks him in the stomach and he falls to the floor. There's sweat soaking her shirt and her face but she stands tall and smiles down at him.

"Yes I must be faster. That I can do." His eyes shine with pride as she helps him up.

"That was excellent Raelynn." Her cheeks tint to a soft pink as she lets out her curls and drenches her face in water.

"This is the first time I've been able to catch you off guard since we started Naal... and that was five months ago. I need to be better than that." Cracking her neck and rolling out her shoulders she begins to hit the punching bag hanging near Naal.

His smile still apparent he walks behind her and says something in her ear making her punch harder. Slowly more and more words are whispered in her ears causing her to strike harder and faster than before. Finally he says something that causes her to scream out and tear at the punching bag. I've never seen her this way before. Hell I haven't seen much of her since our blowout but right now she looks... insane. Nails out and digging into the bag as if it were flesh. Eyes blazing in fury and veins popping she rips down the punching bag and pelts it with blow after blow. Whatever Naal said to her... it must have triggered something bad or painful.

"Now let it out Raelynn, use that fury to channel your strength. Once you've truly harnessed that strength you won't need to hold on to that anger anymore."

"Anger... hurt... it's all the same now Naal." Naal's growl is loud and thunderous as he pulls her off of the punching bag and into his arms.

"Those emotions can cut deep but there are other emotions that are more powerful to counteract that Raelynn. Love, happiness those are emotions that are shared between you and many people right now and you can't forget that. You have to let go! You can't allow the pain to take over the happiness Raelynn!" She cries out and goes limp in defeat.

"No matter what happened you need to forgive. You have to. Once you do, you will be able to fight for yourself. You will be able to depend on yourself. You'll be stronger than ever."

"But it hurts!" Naal holds her closer and kisses the top of her head.

"It only hurts for as long as you allow it to." Her blue eyes look up to see him and he smiles softly. I can hear her sniffles and the race of her heart. I can sense her emotions at turmoil but the look on her face is showing she's letting go. Which means the anger and resentment she's held towards me has finally let up. It means I can finally approach her without her being guarded by my own friends. It means now that Doctor Ewan has given me the clear and there is nothing wrong with me or my wolf... it means I can have my best friend back. The one thing- the one person I've been craving to be with again. To make laugh and smile.

I step out of the tree line, blood still staining my snout from the hunt and watch as both Rae and Naal's eyes catch my form. Growling low and walking slow I approach the open window from which I was watching and wait patiently for her real decision on forgiveness. Naal's back stiffens and Rae's breathing hitches.

"Luka."

*****

SOOOOOO WHAT DO YOU THINK? THIS IS JUST A TIDBIT FROM THE SEQUEL! ANY TITLES IN MIND?

LET ME KNOW!

-MYEERRZ