Chapter 16

LUKA'S POV

"And the funny thing is, is I still have no idea where I got the tattoo from! It's so crazy because yeah it looks good but I mean who paid for it? When did it happen you know?" The freshman girl continues to squabble about in my ear about some mysterious tattoo she found on her back. How did I get sucked into this?

"And did you know that if the needle isn't cleaned properly people could get Hepatitis? Like that's totally dangerous and totally gross. I mean who knows if I have it now." I curb the desire to roll my eyes and lean my head against my locker. I don't even know how long this girl has had me trapped here but if I don't leave now I think my mind may explode.

"And can you believe that my friend Stacy got a tattoo just like mine and tried to say she doesn't know how she got hers as well? Can you say desperate? I mean seriously half of my girlfriends were with her when she got the tattoo in the first place. How annoying!" My ears catch the sound of Tyffany's laugh and my hopes are replenished knowing that Keegan is somewhere close by.

"Keegan get your ass over here and save me from this insane freshman!" I plead with him, happy to know he's kept his mindlink open.

"WOW! I'm about to score with my mate and you want me to save you? I don't know man..." I growl at his response. He's going to regret trying to turn me down.

"Either you get over here now or I will let Tyffany know just where her favourite bra went to." I smirk to myself as I hear his footsteps pick up and watch as he appears around the bend of the hallway.

"Oh Natasha! I've been looking all over for you! Come on you troublesome little girl we have cheer practice to get to." Keegan says pulling the freshman away from me. Whether or not her name is Natasha I don't know and I certainly don't care. The girl looks between us confused as Keegan pulls her down the hall with Tyffany standing there waiting like an angel. She smiles at the girl and takes her around the corner and out of my sight.

"Thank you so much Keegan. I don't know how much longer I could have stood there." Keegan rolls his eyes and claps me on the back.

"It's what best friends are for. Now come on let's watch you out swim the crap out of those losers from whatever school they go to." Laughing I grab my bag from my locker and head towards the pool where the competition is being held.

There are many reasons as to why I chose to participate in swimming as opposed to other sports like football or basketball. When I swim I am able to completely clear my mind and focus on merely the sound of my thrumming heart beat and the whistle. Nothing else matters but diving into that water and becoming the closest thing to a merman as possible. I don't have to rely on other people and I don't need to worry about teamwork, it's just me, the water and the timer. So in times like now when I am bordering pure rage every time I think about the attack on my pack, swimming helps to calm me.

"You're gonna kill it Luka." Keegan says giving my shoulder a squeeze. He walks straight to the bleachers where the rest of our group is sitting and I head to the change rooms.

Looking back now I've begun to realize that Bo, that sick bastard, wasn't just getting revenge for his dead companions, he was sent to come after us and what ticks me off is that we still don't know who sent them. We've interrogated three different rogues, threatened their lives, cut off limbs and laced them with silver and still they won't speak. All we've been able to get is that they clearly don't know who hired them either.

Almost a year has gone by and still nothing. What the hell! We were so desperate we had to send Christopher back undercover to see what he could find out, endangering his life even more so than before.