Journey: Atlantica

We're currently near the gates. The driver said that today, we'll be queueing for an hour or more.

He said that because of the preparation for tomorrow for the Hunting Festival, the whole city is busy and is most guarded.

There are a few cases that because of so many people gathered in the city, robbers and smugglers occasionally appear causing trouble for the city and its people.

So now, since they are on guard, they are inspecting each carriage that will pass here, thoroughly. And now, it caused a long queue.

"Hey, Flounder. Do you want to explore the city before we continued our journey?"

"Sure and it doesn't seem like we're going back here again."

"Sigh. Yeah, we should do that. It's not like we're in a hurry, so let's take our time and have some fun."

"Yeah, that's a good one."

Flounder and I chatted about how we're going to explore the city and all.

Good thing that I brought the money I've painstakingly saved.

And it's more than the two of us could consume for a year or two.

Well, perks of being a princess, I guess? Hahaha.

Not long before and we arrived inside the city gates. We can see people bustling. It looks like the morning market.

People are chatting happily and some are singing and dancing and many more.

It's so amazing that I hurriedly got off the carriage when we arrived at the stop.

I glanced everywhere. Sniffing and feeling the scent and atmosphere of the city.

It's so large. Atlantica is also second to the Pacific's when it comes to trading.

It is a hunting spot, so surely there is a market.

Flounder and I walked around the city. We saw some cabins and inns for those who want to stay for a day or more.

There are also some weapon shops, clothes boutiques and food shops for sure.

This is so much like the one I used to read back then. The novels that people got reincarnated into and woke up in a medieval era.

It's so much alike from those. Maybe, I got reincarnated in a novel?

Nah.

"Ouch, I'm sorry."

"No, no. I'm sorry."

I looked up and saw a handsome boy. He has black hair and deep black eyes. A sharp nose and perfect lips.

Whoa, and he looks like someone I know.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking worriedly.

I nodded.

"Where is he? Where did he go? That kid! I'll catch him."

"I'm sorry, but I have to go." He scampered away, but before he got out of my sight, I heard him shout.

"The name's Eric! I'll see you again!" He waved and swamoff.

I looked at the man who shouted earlier. It was a soldier. The city's guards.

Why was he running?

Never mind. I'll probably never see him again.

"Hey, Ariel. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. We should probably look for an inn now. It's getting late."

Flounder nodded. We then looked for some inn and paid for two nights.

We headed to our rooms and as soon as I saw the bed, I hurriedly laid down.

Thinking about what happened earlier, that boy said his name was Eric, right?

Hmm. Maybe 'Eric' is a common name.

Anyway, I'm tired and I need some energy for tomorrow.

Zzz.