Journey: Carriage (1)

I am now outside the castle or more like outside the kingdom, since we've just crossed the borders. Yes, we. Flounder insisted that he'll come with me. I coincidentally met him earlier in the back alley. Since I ran away from home, I could not afford to have my tracks get caught.

As I set my eyes at the roads that we'll take, I spotted a Seahorse Carriage. We walked near it and asked the merman cleaning the stables where would the carriage go to.

"It will go to the Atlantic Ocean, where the biggest hunting spot is at."

"Thank you. How much is the cost for a ride?"

"Since it will be far, a silver tingle would do. And a two for you two." He scanned me and glanced at Flounder.

I gave him two tingles and left off. We got into the carrige and seated at the seats near the back. We waited for other merpeople to arrive so the carriage can go.

I scanned the carriage and somehow it looks like a mini bus back in my former world. Though, it was driven by two seahorses.

The seahorses here are as big as merpeople. So I think it's the same size as the horses in land.

Carriages here are made from woods of sunked ships. It was inspired from the carriages in land. But the carriage here don't have wheels since it's not needed. So, it looks like a rectangular box with windows on the sides. It has a capacity of 10 merpeople. Also, the seats are made if shells, just so you know.

Carriages can differ by speed. Some carriages are pulled by dolphins, big fishes or whales and seahorses. The carriage drawn by seahorses are the fastest, though second only to the sharks.

Minutes passed by and many merpeople had already arrived and seated. So the coachman has seated and started to drive.

I don't know how many hours it will take to arrive there, but since this ride is the fastest one 'that one can ride publicly', we should be able to arrive around four hours or so, if nothing happens.

Shark driven carriages are only used by the royal family. If we were to ride it, it will only take us upto two hours at most to get there. It's because sharks are fast and strong.

Here, under the sea, we have transportation systems, just like the ones back at land. It will not interfere at the flow above, since merkingdoms are located deeper and are well-hidden from humans.

I forgot to mention, but animals here don't talk. They are usually consumed and are used for transports. Some even have them as pets or companions.

When I first learned about it, I was greatly disappointed. I
When I realized that I was in a book or movie, I was so excited to have the skills to talk to animals. I've even asked Granny to get me one. But when I encountered it, it just kept swimming in a cage for days. So, I just returned it back to the wild.

Back in my past life, I've always kept a dog as a friend and companion. It eases my loneliness and ease up my feelings. I can say that he was my only true friend back there.

Flounder's POV

We're now in the carriage, seated on the back rows. On my left is Ariel, staring aimlessly outside. It's a common occurence though.

She's been like that ever since I met her. At times, she's dozing off like reminiscing somethings, and other times she's just staring blankly.

Back then, when I met her for the first time, I had a feeling that I've known her for ages. We seemed closed right off the bat and just really clicks. And I kjow for sure sure that she's fun to be with and really kind.

I am an orphan, so I know how to distinguish a merperson just by looking at their eyes.

I was even more sure of what I thought when she caught me stealing.

I was hungry at that time and don't have enough to even buy some fruits, so I resorted to stealing.

She caught me just as I was to pick the fruit from the stall and led me into some corner. She reprimanded me to never do that again, but soon gave me the fruit I almost stole.

I didn't know when she did that or if she even left some money. But I didn't say anything and just ate the fruit she gave me.

I was suspicious of her at first. She was wearing a cloak with a hood that covers her hair and face. But when you look closely, you can see her eyes.

But it soon faded when we left. We had some fun, and I toured her around the kingdom and also played. And then before she left, she introduced herself and went off.

I was shocked of course, I didn't expect that she was the youngest princess of the kingdom. Although, she just stated her name, I know for sure that it was her.

She was known throughout the kingdom because of her beauty and intelligence. She was the genius of the century and had displayed perfect manners when she was just a year-old.

As for how did I know, at first, I just had an assumption of who she was because of her tail and eyes. Her demeanor and attitude also gives out a different vibe.

It was all just an assumption at first, but it was all confirmed when she introduced and went off. Her hood had been accidentally removed when she turned around and left but she immediately wear it back.

And that's how I know that she was royalty and when we first met.

I didn't changed my attitude towards her about that since I didn't care and she was the only frinend I have.

Those days continued and we became closer and closer.

Ariel's POV

I was reminiscing on the past when some 'thing' suddenly bumped at our carriage.

Bam!

We stumbled inside and hurriedly get back our footings. As soon as we got back, we hurriedly got of the carriage.

The passengers with us worriedly panicked. We saw the coachman calming the seahorses. And just as we look for the 'thing' that bumped at us, someone shouted.

"D*mn! Look straight ahead, you dumbsh*t!"

When I saw him, I gawked.