Getting to know him

Start from the beginning

"What have you done Rahul! That catch could cost us the entire match!" Virat growled.

"Virat I'm sorr-" Rahul started to say meekly terrified of this new fuming Virat he'd never seen.

"How can you be so careless? You stay up till 2 am roaming around god knows where and leave yourself sleep deprived only to drop a catch that could cost the whole match." Virat spat out.

"Virat Bhaiya..." Rahul said with his lips trembling.

Virat ,too fired up in the moment, failed to acknowledge that Rahul called him Bhaiya which he never used.

"You're utterly impossible Rahul! God knows what you're doing!" Virat spoke completely annoyed and jogged back to his spot not wanting to create a scene leaving tears slowly welling up in Rahul's eyes.

Unknown to both of them Rohit has heard the entire conversation and shook his head in disappointment.

Rahul quickly blinked back his tears. He never showed his emotions in field except once after his first test century and he never wanted to again.

That had been on Virat's shoulder and he was not going to let himself cry this time because of what Virat said no matter how much it hurt.

A few overs later there was another opportunity for a catch and Rahul this time round did end up catching it.

Virat ,already feeling slightly guilty for screaming, pounced on to Rahul and hugged him extra-extra tight.

The rest of the team pounced upon him too and celebrated the catch.

When all of them broke apart to continue the match Virat ruffled his hair and whispered "Well done Rahuliya!"

On reflex Rahul muttered "don't call me that," to which Virat laughed and ruffled his hair a bit more.

But even after that, Rahul still looked a bit gloomy and again wasn't missed by Rohit.

*******
India did end up winning the match and that naturally put everyone in a good mood expect one.

Rahul was still moping around and that obviously annoyed Harry who was trying to show him some video he found while taking up most of the space in Rahul's room.

"Rah watch this watch this!" Harry said gleefully.

"Harry will you please shut up and let me be in peace!" Rahul snapped

"What's up with you today?" Harry asked still on his toes. He badly needed to show someone his very-very (un)funny video.

"Go show your video to someone else." Rahul spit out annoyed

"Meanie pants," Hardik pouted and stomped off to find someone else.

Rahul started reading some book but wasn't able to immerse himself into the story like usual.

On impulse he decided to go for a walk in the park nearby.

On the other hand Virat was lounging around in his room lazily when suddenly Rohit barged in. Rohit clearly saw Rahul moping around.

"You're such a big idiot!" He shouted leaving Vi completely confused.

"What on Earth Rohit!" Virat screamed back. "What happened!"

"Great you don't even know what's happening." Rohit said facepalming.

"What did I do now..." Virat whined stretching out the "now".

"You're impossible Virat!" Rohit retorted and left the room too.

He went back to his room cursing Virat for having no tact at all and decided he'd deal with Rahul himself