An Overwhelming Surprise

Start from the beginning

Immediately calming down, Rohit flopped down beside Virat saying, "You're the best!"

"I know I am!" he responded proudly. "Just don't forget any of Ritika's belongings at home," Virat teased.

"Shut up!" Rohit retorted back.

"And for your information, I've already booked your tickets. Check your phone." Virat said sleepy.

"I love you so much vi!" Rohit exclaimed in a sudden burst of happiness.

"I know I know, I love me too. Now let me sleep. I'm the one who has to drop you back tomorrow morning." Virat grumbled

Rohit smiled heartily, dazed by his best friend's antics.

                    **********
30th December 2018

Rohit's child was born. His princess. Virat had turned out to be right, it was a girls afterall.

After informing his family first, the first person he called was his best friend.

After the very first ring Virat picked up.

"Are you literally waiting by your phone?" Rohit teased.

"Oh shut up and tell me what happened, you fully rushed to the hospital 2 at night and expect me to be calm," Virat literally shouted.

"Shush calm down, Samaira will wake up."

"What do you mean Samaira will wake up?" Virat screamed annoyed and then instantly realising his mistake screamed "IT'S A GIRL!"

"I told you so, I'm going to pamper her so much. She's going to be my little princess! Samaira Sharma sounds so perfect!" Virat said jumping around the room making Rohit sigh at his childish best friend.

"Calm down you idiot, wait go on the group. I'm messaging there." Rohit said hanging up.

The group then had a usual mad like conversation with each of them congratulating Rohit in different ways, some being extremely bizarre.

Rohit cursed his fate for getting such teammates, but nonetheless he still loves them.

                        ********
6th January 2019

Rohit had just posted a picture of him, Ritika and Samaira and now Virat was dying to see her and immediately texted Rohit

Virat: I demand to see my niece right now

Rohit: No

Virat: Whyyyyyyy 😭😭😭

Rohit: Bwahahhaha 🤣🤣

Virat: meanie👊

Rohit: Ouch🤕

Virat: Stop distracting me!! As captain and your best friend I order you to show me my precious niece.

Rohit: No, payback.

Virat: For whaaaaaatttt? I'm crying 😭

Rohit: Shut up! Samaira's the baby not you.

Virat: I don't care, I won't be able to see her till IPL. She needs to know her favourite uncle, video call right now!

Rohit: No

Virat: Please😩

Rohit: No

Virat: Pretty pretty please!!

Rohit: No

Virat: I promise I won't throw water on your head🤕

Virat: PLEAAASEEE