An Overwhelming Surprise

Start from the beginning

Virat just to annoy him more, clinged onto him more tightly (if that was even possible) while just Rohit just sighed knowing Virat wasn't going to budge.

"How'd you know it's surely going to be a girl," Rohit asked curiously. Clearly Virat was more excited than he was.

"I just do, I'm amazing like that you know!" Virat declared gloating.

"Stop gloating and move your fat self, I need to sleep!" Rohit yawned lazily.

"Who are you calling fat? Idiot!" Virat retorted. "Go back to your first love."

"Gladly," Rohit said and was greeted with a pillow in his face.

"You'll be the best father Ro," Virat exclaimed throwing his arms around his best friend. "I just know you will!"

"He's a kid himself!" Rohit thought to himself.

"Thanks Vi, now please let me sleep." Rohit literally begged looking at the time.

"Ok, ok go to sleep but you best wake up on time or else," Virat said

The empty threat was their routine that never worked anyway.

                         *******
A few months later, Virat was completely on uncle duties. From buying baby clothes, to baby food, to toys to even diapers.

"What was the need Virat," Ritika said genuinely touched at Virat's gestures.

"Ritsyy I'm going to pamper my princess it champ, although I just know it's going to be a girl," Virat said unpacking another bag full of baby clothes.

"And what if it's a boy?" Ritika questioned.

"That's why the baby cricket set Ritsyy but princess can use it too!" Virat exclaimed.

"What are we going to do with baby food Vi?" Rohit asked examining a packet.

"Put it on my head," Virat said sarcastically.

"We don't need baby food just yet Vi, it'll expire till then," Ritika interfered not wanting them to start again.

"Oh..." shrugged Virat sheepishly.

"I still can't believe Rohit's becoming a dad!" cried Virat for the 20th time that day.

"He's too lazy, too forgetful, too stupid I know," Rohit completed in a complete deadpanned tone.

"But you are!" Virat yelled back.

"Am not!" Rohit whined

"Are too!" Ritika and Virat exclaimed.

"Now don't you both gang up on me!" Rohit warned while Virat just stuck his tongue out at him.

                         *******
It was nearing Ritika's due date and Rohit was 90 percent of the time on the phone on the tip of his toes and the team was in Australia.

He had requested the rest of the series off and was pacing around the room worriedly.

For once, Virat had taken up Rohit's lazy behaviour and was lounging lazily on Rohit's bed munching some eatables watching Rohit.

"Calm down Ro," Virat called out causing Rohit to stop mid way.

"Calm down! You want to me to calm down! How do you want me to calm down? What if they don't accept the request" Rohit started ranting.

"Ohh shut up, they will!" Virat said casually.

"And how are you so sure?" Rohit questioned.

"Dude your best friend is literally the captain," Virat claimed proudly.