"We'll speak soon, okay?" Erza said. Just as they were about to leave, the announcement came through on the speaker:

"And next up is Lyon Vastia of the Lamia Scale versus Sol of Phantom Lord!"

Miliana jumped. "This'll be good. I'll let you get back, bye!" then she ran down the hallway towards the Mermaid Heel balcony.

At the Fairy Tail balcony, Natsu and Gray were stood right at the front of the balcony watching Lyon walk on towards Sol. The audience were watching closely too. After their unfinished business following Hidden, this was promising to be an interesting fight. 

"Rufus, he uses memory magic, right?" Sting asked as they watched from the Sabertooth balcony.

"His is very different," Rufus started. "I scan and remember spells that people use. He scans and remembers people's memories, he can't reuse their spells. I read about it after Hidden. It's a from of manipulation magic. He can make people see and re-live their worst, most repressed memories. It's rather a useful tool for knowing people's weaknesses and distracting them."

Sol grinned at Lyon. "Bonjour! Very good to see you again!"

"Shut up," Lyon started. "Ice make eagle!"

Eagles went flying towards Sol, who dodged them by vanishing under the earth. Lyon was quick to turn around and to stay alert for any surprise attacks, but Sol formed a fist with the earth that punched Lyon and sent him falling backwards. He glared angrily at his opponent.

"Oh, did that make you mad? Pardon me, but I really have to win this for my guild, so I won't be going easy on you," he started.

"You're ballsy, I'll give you that," Lyon started, brushing off the dirt from his shoulder. "Some of you have been very mouthy so far. Tell me, why haven't two of you competed yet?"

"Non non non! They don't want to compete yet; the competition is far too boring and easy."

"I know about your guild, Sol. You have a member of the Ten Wizard Saints on your team, who's also part of the Element Four. And a dragon slayer," he said, directed more towards the audience.

"Yes yes, you're the only ones who've been stupid enough to cross us," Sol started. "I do believe we've only had the pleasure once before Hidden, but you, Totomaru and Gajeel seem to have met a couple of times. Anyway, enough chat," he added, then the earth underneath Lyon fell underneath his feet.

"Oh no, Lyon!" his guild called towards him.

"You've already used this spell on me!" Lyon started. "Ice make, snake!" He said, and a giant ice snake rushed out of the hole towards Sol, hitting him but not before the snake was destroyed by Sol's rocks.

"Oh, look at this," Sol said, adjusting his monocle. "During Hidden I had the pleasure of scanning your memories. I didn't notice this, however. You lived with Gray Fullbuster so I should have seen the connection sooner. But I won't say it out loud. Here you are!" He said, and bought back a memory for Lyon to relive.

Lyon's eyes went blank and he imagined an scene where a very young Gray walks into his room and shows him a photograph of a baby, with the name "Juvia" underneath it. Then another scene appears where their master Ur is yelling at the two of them, snatching the photograph back from Gray.

"Gray's memories are more interesting. They have more about Miss Juvia. That's all there is. Why don't we watch your master dying?"

While Lyon was reliving the memory, Sol had created a huge pile of boulders all around him. You could barely see Lyon anymore.

"Ur! Gray!" He yelled, before being completely buried by the rocks.

Oblivious to what was happening, Juvia just frowned. "Why does Sol always torment people? He should've just gotten it over and done with."

"You know what he's like," Lily raised an eyebrow. "Just like Totomaru, always showing off."

Down below, Sol laughed at him. "Oh, poor miss Juvia! If only we knew what this memory meant! Miss Juvia's memories are impenetrable. But anyway, you can't hear me anymore!" he said, then the rocks disappeared and Lyon was lying unconscious on the floor, staring up at the sky.

Sol stood over him. "It's a shame, really. Something very bad must have happened for miss Juvia to remove her memories. I'm sure you have something to do with it. Anyway, au revoir!"

"And the winner is Sol from Phantom Lord!" the commentator announced. Sol took a bow, even though nobody was clapping.

Lyon turned his head and looked directly at Juvia. Her eyes furrowed at him.

"Lamia scum," is all she muttered as Lyon sighed deeply up at her.