24

TYLERS POV

"Mmm it looks really good, mr. Collins."

"Thank you. My lovely children and wife picked it out." My dad smiled as he sat down the plate of chicken.

I saw Dustin wave his hand to try to get my attention, but I just ignored him. I looked everywhere except for him and Xavier, no matter how bad my heart was screaming at me too.

"Sissy what is that." Maci asked as she pointed too the asparagus. I looked to my left to look at her.

"Green, long, salted slugs." I say in a disgusted voice. She looked at me in a raddled face, like she couldn't believe that's what they are.

"Nu uh." I heard Micah say from beside her.

"Fine then. Try it yourselves." I say as I shrug, trying to make myself believable as I could be. I then looked up and made brief eye contact with Xavier. I quickly looked away and dug my nails into my palm under the table.

"Tyler could you help make the twins plate?" Mom asked before she went back to talking to my dad about something.

I turned to my side and picked up Macis plate and started to put food on it, her telling me what to put and how much. Once I got to the asparagus she stopped me.

"Uh no thank you." She said in a disgusted voice.

"Maci you don't even know if it's good." I say.

"No I don't want it." She whined.

"Maci stop throwing a fit what is wrong." I heard mom whisper to Maci as she leaned behind me.

"I don't want to eat slugs!" She said.

"What?" Mom asked. I could feel her staring at me and I just continued to mess around with the asparagus.

"They're slugs, mommy." Maci said with a disgusted look on her face.

"They are not slugs. They are green beans daddy just put on the grill." Mom said before she leaned back on her side. I put a few asparagus on Maci's plate and set it down infront of her.

I looked over at mom to see her staring at me, "really, Tyler? Slugs?" She asked. I gave her a smile and then turned to reach for Micah's plate.

"I'm not trying this until you do." Maci said to her twin. I tried not to laugh at how serious Maci was taking the slugs. I saw out of my eye that Dustin was smiling at me, probably hearing the whole conversation.

After Micah telling me what he wanted and how much I sat down his plate infront of him. I then started to prepare my plate.

I could feel Dustin's and Xavier's eyes on me as I picked out the foods that I want. It made me very uncomfortable and made the whole thing awkward. Why can't they stare at something else?

Then Xavier's phone rang. I didn't look at him, but I could see the angry expression on his face. He excused himself and went inside to answer the phone call.

"Ew it's slimy." Maci said. I looked over to see her eating the asparagus with a nasty look on her face. I then saw Micah throw his under the table. I was confused until I saw a white tail wagging by his feet.

"Micah dont feed her your food." I whisper so mom wouldn't hear. He looked at me and whispered back,

"Why? She likes it."

"Stop." I say again. Then Dustin's phone dinged and i saw him reach into his pocket to get it.

"Dustin it is rude to have your phone at the table." His mom said to him.