14

Payton's POV

I told her. I told her Dustin was the murder. But did she believe me? No. It finally feels good to have her say it. Because now she won't mess around with him. I'm not sure what they have going on between them, but I will find out.

"I just can't believe it. I didn't actually think he was the murder." She said. I looked over at her, and she didn't look so good. It's like it's so hard for her to believe.

"I don't want to say I told you so, but I told you so." I say. I'm not trying to be mean, but my gut feelings are always right. I don't know why she thought it was wrong this time.

She rolled her eyes at me before responding, "it just didn't seem like something he'd do."

"Well how would you know? He just moved here you don't really know him." I say. She looks at me, her brown eyes holding a secret in them that I so desperately wanted to know. I'm her best friend, she's not suppose to keep secrets from me.

The bell above the flower shop door ringed and a old woman walked in. "Hi welcome to woodoaks flower shop. Is there anything in particular your looking for?" Tyler flashed the lady a smile.

Tyler is so beautiful, and smart. Her parents have always told and reminded her to stay out of trouble, so why is she messing around with Dustin? He's trouble, and so is Xavier. I just want her to be safe, and hanging out with boys like them isn't what is going to keep her safe. I know she might think I'm being too overprotective and strict, like her mom, but I honestly just want what's best for her and for her to be safe.

But even though she knows now that Dustin is the murderer, and he even admitted it, I still can't shake the feeling that there's something else wrong with him. I feel like there a part of him that's even more.....evil. And the same thing goes for Xavier. Now every time I look at him my stomach turns in knots. I'm not sure if it's just because he's changed, both mentally and physically, or if it's something else.

But either way there is something wrong with them two. Tyler might not want to tell me what is going on between them now, but I will find out. I always find out.

*****************
Tyler's POV

Right now I'm at home, laying in the bed staring at my ceiling. Just thinking about everything that's happen. At the flower shop Payton had that look on her face. That determination look she gets when she's about to go full detective mode. I've lost, I know it. There is no way I will be able to hide the fact that I'm starting to have feelings for Dustin. Even after he admitted today that he was the murderer, I still like him.

Does that make me a psycho?

My parents are out at dinner and the twins are with my grandparents, because my mom still doesn't trust me to take care of my own siblings. Which is stupid ya know. I've known them all their life, and I even changed some of their diapers and fed them. There's no reason why she shouldn't trust me.

Just then my phone dinged, the flash going off four times. I picked my phone up and looked at the screen, squinting a little due to the brightness. I saw an unknown number texted me.

Unknown: hey, sorry about today.

I unlocked my phone with confusion written all over my face. Who the hell is this?

Me: sorry but I think you have the wrong number

Unknown: no I don't. I know this is you, Tyler

My heart started racing and my eyes widened. I sat up straight in my bed and I started at my phone, my fingers typing quickly.

Me: who the hell are you?

Unknown: guess :)

Oh my god. What if it's Dustin? Is he going to kill me? This is how it is before people die in the scary movies. Panic started to settle in me and my breathing came out short.

Me: leave me alone

Unknown: calm down sweetheart, it's me.

There's only one person who calls me sweetheart.

Me: get the fuck off my phone Xavier!!

Unknown: why?😂 Did I scare you

Me: yes! You don't fucking text people 'I know this is you' and 'guess' with a fucking smiling face You psycho!

Xavier: i just wanted to tell you I was sorry for what happened today in pe

Me: how did you even get my number?

I started at my phone screen for a while, waiting for him to text me back. I saw the bubbles pop up and my heart sped up.

Xavier: got it from the list of students numbers in the office. It was fairly easy.

Me: your a stalker

Xavier: oh don't act like you don't like it

Me: don't like what? You stalking me? Because I don't

Xavier: everyone knows you like me sweetheart, all you have to do is admit it to yourself

Me: I DO NOT LIKE YOU!!

I set my phone down on my bed annoyingly. What is up with him and thinking I like him? My doorbell ringing brings me out of my thoughts and I sit up in my bed, staying like that for a few seconds. My doorbell then rings again and I get up and walk downstairs. I open the door to see who it was, only to shut it back in their face.

"Come on, Tyler! Please talk to me." Dustin said through the door. Oh my god he came to murder me. How did he figure out where I lived?

"Go away." I say as I lock the door.

"I'm sorry about what happened in pe." He called through the door while I was walking up the stairs, well I ran up the stairs.

Once I was in my room I looked out my window and saw him still standing on my door step. My heart skipped as I kept staring at him. I like him.....like a lot. But he's a fucking murderer!

A hot one though.....

I watched as he ran his fingers through his hair before he walked away. I groaned and fell back on my bed. This is going to be hard. Ignoring Xavier and Dustin, especially now that one has my number and the other one knows where I live.

My phone dinged beside me and I groaned, already having an idea of who it was. I picked it up and brought it to my face, reading the message.

Mom: good news! This weekend we'll be having dinner with the mayor and his family and the new family that moved into town! Make sure you have a presentable outfit.

Great. Just great

*********************************************
I'm actually kind of jealous