27

"io sono molto affamato." Aurora said slowly, looking at me with concentration.

"I'm very hungry." I repeated back to her.

"Good! vai a prendermi del cibo." She said even more slowly. My mind was spinning, trying to remember what the words meant.

"Go get me food?" I wasn't sure of myself, but when Aurora squealed and clapped her hands I knew I got it right.

"Yes! You're getting so good!" She leaned in across the bed and hugged me, "Now listen and go get me food." She smiled at me. I rolled my eyes at her and swung my feet over the bed, getting up.

"I need water anyways." I shrug.

"I'm sorry you need what? I didn't understand that." She called from behind me. I turned around to already see her making herself comfortable on my bed.

"Comunque mi serve dell'acqua." I need water anyways)." I couldn't help the smile that came across my face as the Italian words poured out of my mouth.

"I'm really a good teacher! I should start teaching you ballet." She compliments herself.

"Nooo way. I cannot dance."

"We'll see." She smiles at me.

It's been two weeks since I met Aurora, and my days have gotten better and better. She's been teaching me Italian, which is really fun. She's so caring and sweet and really funny, especially when she pronounces some words wrong. My parents love her- although they have no idea what she is saying sometimes.

And the twins? They admire her. I even think Micah has a crush.

"Oh hey honey!" My mom exclaims as she sees me enter the kitchen, "how are you two doing up there?"

"Good. I'm just getting some snacks and water." I say as I reach for the glasses.

"I'm so happy you two are friends." My mom says again, "she's the best thing that could of happened to you right now. And just think, if you didn't listen to me and didn't go to the mall you never would of met her." She smiled at me, practically telling me 'I told you so'.

"Tyler forget the food." I heard Aurora say panicked as she ran down the stairs.

"Why? What happened?" I asked, she quickly grabbed my arm and yanked me towards the door.

"I forgot all about the wedding rehearsal," she looked at me with fear in her eyes, "I'm in the wedding!" She freaked. She tightly wrapped her hand around my arm and pulled me to the door. "Bye La sig. ra Collins!" Aurora pulled me out of my house and slammed the door behind her. "Aye aye aye Mia madre mi ucciderà!" (My mother is gonna kill me).

"What about your mom killing you?" I asked, as my brain slowly processed her words as I went to go get in the passenger of her car. She stopped fiddling with her keys and looked up at me from the drivers side.

"I have no time to be proud right now!" She said before unlocking her car and getting in. I followed suit. "Might wanna put that seatbelt on tight." She said before speeding out of my driveway.

*************************

"Uh Aurora." I said hesitatly, trying to get her attention.

"Hurry up Tyler!" She yelled at me. She was practically sprinting up the white concrete stairs of a building I have never seen before. The heels on her shoes clicking against the ground.

I was following her, but very distantly. Rich cars, very rich and expensive cars were scattered throughout the front of the building. Tesla's, and Ferrari's and Camaros in all different colors where all I saw.