Part 33

*3 ½ years later*

"And cut!" I jump as the director's voice echoes loudly throughout the building. I watch as he intensely watches the scene back on the tiny screen. I admire the way he searches for mistakes or anything that makes the scene great. I hope to be in that spot one day.

"Oh! Lauren, my favorite intern," James-the director- grins, and points at the screen. "Come look. This will be great for you to see. Watch how the camera moves." He goes on to point out different things to me.

"Alright, we will take ten and then continue with the scene." James claps his hands and everyone goes to do their own thing.

"Lauren, will you please help the costume in the back while I set up the camera?" James asks and I, of course, move to do as he asks.

I was so lucky to get this internship. I'm fresh out of college and in a new city. I did not expect them to take me in. Especially when many others applied who are older and more qualified. I'm actually the youngest here. People kind of treat me like a child, even though I'm 22.

Right now I work in almost any station. From working with the actors to set design and other things. It's to help me have a better understanding of what goes on to create a movie or T.V. show.

"Lauren, Rosè needs a red dress. Please get it ready." I was given a task as soon as I stepped foot in the tailor. I reach a clothing rack and look for the red dress.

"Lauren, we need help with hair!"

"Lauren, have you seen the black boots?"

"We need another makeup artist! Lauren, call one!"

"Lauren! Lauren!"

Sometimes things can get very exhausting and stressful. That's just part of the job.

I let out a huff as I shut my apartment door behind me. I let out a sigh as I took my converse. My feet were killing me from walking around so much today. I turn on the dim light, not wanting to ruin the darkness of the flat.

I groggily walk over to the kitchen and grab a glass out of the cabinet and then fill it with water from the fridge. I walk over to the big window in our dining area. I lightly pull the red curtains away to reveal the view of New York City from above. I found it calming to look at the city at night. The lights coming from the buildings, and the cars- thankfully can't hear the honking- make the city look so lively at night.

I was in deep thought when I felt arms wrap around my waist. The smell of nice and familiar perfume hits my nose. A soft smile forms on my lips and lets my back lean into the person behind me.

"How was your day?" Camila speaks behind me. She rests her chin on top of my head.

"It was okay. Long and stressful but it will be worth it in the long run. What about you?"

"School was okay and work was long. We had what seemed like a whole softball team come in today."

Camila was going to school for chiropractic which she finished and is now going back for sports medicine. She works in a chiropractic office right now. I'm honestly so proud of her.

"I'm so glad to be home. I missed you today. I missed holding you in my arms." I giggle as Camila moves to lean her chin on my shoulder. She can be so cute sometimes.

"Camila, we literally cuddled all night last night and this morning. I was almost late to the set because of you." She lifts her head and I turn around to face her. I place both my hands on her cheeks and pull her close for a kiss. I'm so in love it hurts.

I begin to pull away but she pulls me back in. I move my arms to wrap around her neck. She places her hands on my waist and pulls me closer. Our lips move in sync. I let out a small gasp as her hands moved down to pick me up.

Moments like these make me realize that I made the right choice to move to New York. Once I finished school in California I was out. I wanted to be with Camila. The distance was hard. We were able to see each other on holidays but only being able to see each other for a week or two isn't enough.

When I told my parents I was going to move to New York they weren't the happiest but they warmed up to the idea when they realized that Chris would be living in the same city.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even realize Camila had carried me to our room. She lightly placed me down and followed. I take in a deep breath as she moves from my lips to my neck.

"You know," she speaks as she pulls away. "I love you. You really are the best thing that has happened to me. You are the most amazing woman I have ever met." I don't know if it was the atmosphere or me being a baby but I felt my eyes fill with tears. Camila's eyes widened.

"Oh, no baby! I didn't mean to make you cry!" I hold herself up a bit and use her thumb to wipe away my tears.

"I love you so much," I choke out. "You just hit me with that out of nowhere and I couldn't handle it." I sniffle.

"I feel like I don't say it enough," she begins to place kisses around my face and down my neck. She stops for a moment. "They didn't ruin the mood, did it?" I let out a laugh at her face.

I shake my head and pull her into another long-lasting kiss.

The next morning I woke up the only way I'd want to. My head laid on Camila's chest and her arms wrapped around me. That is how you know it's a Saturday morning. No alarms. No leaving each other early. We could stay in bed all day if we wanted to.

"Babe, stop moving. I'm trying to cuddle." Camila groans as I shift to try and get more comfortable.

"Camila, as much as I love cuddling, I'm getting hungry."

"Five more minutes and then we will go make breakfast." She tightened her arms a bit.

I hum in agreement. "Alright, I figured we could make some waffles and have a topping bar. So you can pick from different toppings. I bought whipped cream and some fruit yesterday." If I know anything about Camila, it is that she loved waffles.

The room falls silent for a moment. Did she fall back asleep?

"I think I'm going to marry you." I burst out laughing as her words came out.

I lean my head up to look at her. "Oh yeah? What made you decide that?" She smiles and leans down to kiss my forehead.

"I think it was the words waffles and topping bar."

"Hmm, well I'm looking forward to that day."

"Me too."

A/N

THIS STORY DOES NOT BELONG TO ME, this story was written by fangirl2119! Go check out her page for the original story!

MY NEXT STORY

Lauren, a high school ice queen known for her firm hatred of nerds, geeks and losers alike, finds herself falling for a new girl named Camila. A nerd at heart, but fine as all Hell, Camila confronts Lauren with a conundrum.

Tap that ass or let it pass?