Part 26

"O-okay," I answer. Chris raises his eyebrow. "Lauren, are you okay?" he places a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh yeah, why?" I take in a deep breath. I just had a bad feeling.

"You're pale," he says as he places a hand on my forehead. "You're not warm, is it because of that Camila chick?"

I ignore his question." I'll be downstairs." I quickly go before he can ask any more questions. Once I got downstairs I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and dialed Camila's number. It rang a few times and then went to voicemail. I hung up and called back again. Once again it went to voicemail.

"I thought you wanted me to call you," I say to myself. I place my phone on my side table and lay down on my bed. I kept trying to think of what could possibly be going on with Camila. I worried even more as I began thinking of random scenarios.

I decided to try and call her once more. I roll over to grab my phone when it starts going off. I snatched it from its spot. Without looking at who it is I answer it, "Camila!?"

"Lauren." Her voice sounded sad and shaky.

"Are you crying? Camila, what's going on?" I question.

"Can you come to my Aunt's house? It would just be us please." Her voice cracked causing my chest to squeeze.

"Yea, yea I'll be there in a couple of minutes." I get up and start heading up the stairs.

"Okay then I'll see you in a little," she says. I nod and then realize that she can't see me. "Yea. See you soon."

When I was pulling up to the house I noticed that only one car was in the driveway. Camila must be home by herself. I hop out of the car and walk to the front door. I heavily knock. In seconds, the door opened.

Camila stood in front of me. she had tear stains down her face and she looked so tired. Without saying anything she walks out of the way so I could go inside. I walked past her into the house. Once I was inside she shut the door and looked down.

"Camila, what happened?" I move closer to her. she didn't answer. Instead, she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me close, her face hidden in the crook of my neck. she let out a painful sob causing me to hug her harder then she was hugging me.

"What's going on?" I whisper softly, trying to calm her down a little.

"Can we please just stay like this for a little longer. I don't want to talk about it right now. I nod in response. We stood in each other's embrace for what seemed like forever. I was a little sad when she pulled away.

"Let's go to my room and talk." Camila grabs my hand and leads the way. Once we get into the room Camila pulls me to her bed and sits us down. she never let go of my hand. Her bed was soft and I felt like I could lay back and fall asleep.

"Promise you won't hate me after this," Camila whispers, looking down at our intertwined hands.

"I promise."

"This is going to be a lot to take in." Camila babbled.

"It's okay. Go ahead." I nod.

"A lot of memories have been brought up to me. Memories that I don't want to remember," she pauses for a second. "In high school, I made a lot of dumb choices. At first, I was a straight-A student but that quickly changed. I wanted to have popularity. I wanted the "badass" status. So I joined the wrong crowd. My grades slipped and I started smoking and drinking every day."

I never knew that she smoked or drank that much. I didn't know that she was like that in high school. I'm starting to realize that I actually don't know too much about her.

"It got bad really fast. I started to get into fights and trouble with the law. I messed up my relationship with my Aunt and sister. I messed up a lot of things. I don't even know how I got into college." she sighs.

"I was the same through my first few months of College. I skipped class to go to parties or clubs. I honestly didn't care. But something changed that." she says.

"What made you change?"

"You."

"Me? Why?" I ask confused and shocked.

Camila shrugs, "I honestly don't know. But

Thank you. Without you, I probably would have been kicked out of school and heading towards the wrong path." Camila smiles a half-smile.

"That's not what I heard. I was told you were the start student. The dean was happy to talk about you when I went in there the first day."

"She probably only said that so you wouldn't leave the campus and try and find somewhere else to stay."

"Well, I don't know what I'm saying this for but you're welcome." I smile back. I felt my eyes burn and I blinked quickly.

"Oh, sorry I didn't mean to make you cry," Camila says and then rubs her thumb over my cheek.

"Oh no, I didn't even realize I was crying." I wipe my face.

"Go out with me."

I quickly look at Camila, shocked. "What?"

"Will you go out with me tonight?" she asks formally. My breath gets stuck in my throat.

"Um," why do I feel nervous all of the sudden? Do I even have to ask that anymore? I know why I'm nervous.

"Please." Camila leans closer, her nose almost touching mine. I couldn't speak so I just nod.

"Great! Let's go now!" she says as she stands up and pulls me up with her. Her excitement causes me to giggle.

I'm happy that Camila feels better. Now it doesn't even seem like just a few minutes ago she was hugging me while crying.

"We will just take my car," Camila says. I follow her to her car and get in. As soon as the car started to drive, I started to feel less nervous and more excited.

A/N

THIS STORY DOES NOT BELONG TO ME, this story was written by fangirl2119! Go check out her page for the original story!