Bonding

*Lydia and Connor telepathically talking to animals*
*Ava and Enzo's thoughts*

Once everyone leaves the castle, they head back to the inn and grab dinner. Sitting beside his mom, Connor thought about what happened at the ball. His mind kept replaying Mousesack's words about destiny. Did Dad make the right choice? Or will it come back to bite us in the butt? Connor wonders.

Seeing her son lost in thought, she ruffled his hair affectionately, teasingly saying,

"Are you thinking about the girl that you danced with? What did your grandpa say that her name was... Azalie?"

His cheeks heated up when he heard his mother say Azalie's name.

"My baby boy has his first crush," Lydia cooed, embarrassing Connor.

"Mom! You're embarrassing me," Connor protested, blushing like crazy. "I don't have a crush on her!"

"Here! Your father asked me to give these back to you," Lydia said, handing the cards back to him.

"Thanks, Mom. I can't believe I forgot about them," Connor smiled, putting his cards back into his trousers pocket.

"What did you think of the ball, sweetie," Lydia asked.

"It was so boring! The only interesting thing that happened there was when you, Dad, and Grandpa fought the guards," Connor exclaimed. "What did you think about it, Mom."

"Well... I had fun dancing with your father," Lydia whispered, seeing Geralt choke on his ale. "I also enjoyed watching Princess Pavetta and Duny get married."

"It reminded me of those old weddings in those romance TV shows and movies that you always begged me, Uncle Scott, Grandpa, Warren, Rogue, and Kitty, to watch with you," Connor shrugged.

"Oh, so you didn't ask your uncle to add the latest romance shows to your Netflix and Hulu watchlist before we came here," Lydia grinned, and Connor groaned.

"You said that you'd never bring that up," Connor mumbled, his face flushed red.

"Since we won't be leaving here for another three days, what do you say to go fishing with me tomorrow," Lydia asked, knowing how much he loved fishing with Logan and her.

"Awesome! Can we also explore Cintra with Enzo and Ava while we're at it, please," Connor begged with a hopeful look.

"Sure," Lydia said, and Connor cheered.

"Dad, Geralt? Do both of you have any plans for the next three days," Lydia asked.

"Hunting," Geralt and Logan both said.

After everyone finished eating, they all went to bed. Early the following day, Lydia woke to find Geralt still asleep. She got out of bed and put on a black tunic and brown trousers with black boots. When Lydia finished getting dressed, she walked over to the Witcher's side of the bed. Stroking his cheek lovingly, Lydia kissed his forehead before leaving.

Already dressed and ready, Connor opens the door to his and his grandfather's room and walks out with Ava and Enzo on his shoulders. He closed the door behind him and quickly noticed his mom walking past him, motioning for him to follow her. Connor followed his mom downstairs, and they both went to get something to eat.