Reckless

Staring at the iron bars in the cell, Logan recalls all of the times that he and Victor were thrown in jail, awaiting their execution the next day. Those were the "good old days," when Victor was more of an asshole than an insane, bloodthirsty psycho. After everything they'd been through, Victor's obsession with killing made Logan leave. Killing out of necessity is one thing, but the constant slaughter of innocent people for Victor's entertainment was another, and it sickened Logan.

Irritated by Yennefer's deceit, Geralt sarcastically says,

"I suppose that's one way of getting some rest."

"Why on earth would you two still enlist the mage's help after my warning," Chireadan asked, annoyed that they didn't listen to him. "It's like you thought the scorpion was prettier than a spider because of its lovely tail."

"That's an understatement," Logan uttered.

"You weren't exactly forthcoming," Geralt said, glaring at Chireadan.

"I admit I could've better prepared you both for Yennefer," Chireadan voiced, owning up to his mistake.

"From the first moment that Yennefer spoke to me and Geralt, it wasn't hard for me to figure out what kind of woman she is," Logan stated, noticing an impressed look from Geralt. "I've had experience with her type before."

"You're under her spell, aren't you," Geralt cocked his head.

"I wish I was, but no. It's a simple issue of body chemistry," Chireadan admitted.

"You're in love with her," Geralt guessed.

"And I think perhaps you may understand me," Chireadan noticed the door to the prison cell open, and the giant bald guard approached their cell. "I thought it would take longer to build the scaffold."

"Ah, fuck," Geralt cursed his luck.

"Not him again," Logan muttered under his breath.

"Here you are. Remember me," the greedy guard grinned sadistically. "Did not know you were a witcher. I've always wanted to play with one."

Once the guard stepped inside the holding cell, Logan swiftly slammed the guard into the metal bar, knocking him out cold.

Chireadan and Geralt both looked amused.

"You're the one with the wishes," Chireadan says, watching the Witcher pull up his sleeve to find a second cut on his forearm.

Sitting in a lush green forest, having a picnic with Connor and Kaiden, Lydia laughed as soon as she saw her son tackle his father to the ground. Both father and son wore matching smiles as they were playfully fighting, but they immediately stopped when Lydia called them over to eat. Conner ran over and cheered when he noticed that his mother had packed his favorite fried chicken and potato salad. He was a little disappointed that she would make him eat some vegetables, but oh well. The little boy soon plopped between his parents, grabbed a chicken leg, and took a big bite. He then took a spoonful of potato salad and shoved it in his mouth. Lydia and Kaiden laughed when they saw their son smear the potato salad all over his face. But the little boy didn't care; he was happy to be with his loving family.

After lunch, Conner and his father decided to play catch for a while. Conner threw the ball a little too hard as they threw it around, causing his father to chase after it. When Kaiden finally reached the ball, he noticed it had landed at someone's feet; slowly, Kaiden stood up and came face to face with the most fearsome man he had ever seen.

In the meantime, Lydia was serving pieces of pie when she looked up and saw her boyfriend standing in front of the one man she feared above all, her uncle, Victor Creed. Otherwise known as Sabertooth. Lydia screamed bloody murder when she saw Victor thrust his hand through her boyfriend's chest and lift him off the ground. He looked up at her and smiled.

"Did you honestly think I would ever let you be happy?" He told Lydia with an evil grin.

With all his strength, Victor flung the body towards Lydia. It bounced several times and stopped right in front of her. But instead of Kaiden looking up at her with sightless eyes, it was Geralt with a gaping hole where his heart should have been. Lydia looked at Victor, and he smiled at her while he began to eat Geralt's heart. Lydia let out a blood-curdling scream and then woke up.

Sluggishly waking up, Connor starts rubbing his eyes. Spotting the tear stains on his mom's cheeks, he began to worry.

"What's wrong, Mom," Connor asked, wondering what made his mother cry and smell afraid.

"It's nothing, sweetie, it was just a nightmare; go back to bed," Lydia tried to reassure Connor, who refused to listen until he was sure his mother was alright.

"What was it about," Connor laid his head on his mother's stomach.

"Connor, I don't think that you need..." Lydia said before her son interrupted her.

"I'm not a little kid anymore," Connor argued.

"I know that you aren't, sweetie," Lydia combs her fingers through Connor's hair."When did my baby grow to be a young man."

"Everyone has to grow up at some point," Connor wisely says, snuggling against his mother. "Mom? Did you have a nightmare about that monster? I sometimes have bad dreams about him, too."

"Yes, it was about him," Lydia said.

"He can't hurt us anymore, Mom," Connor sounded sure.

What if Victor isn't truly gone? I never found out where I sent him. Because, at the time, I didn't see any reason to. Lydia ponders, hoping that her past decision wasn't a huge mistake.

Morning soon came, and Geralt, Logan, and Chireadan wasted no time; hurrying to the manor, they found a healed Jaskier outside. Jaskier sees the others and hastily says,

"Oh, Geralt. Thank the gods. I might live to see another day. We need to go."

The hair on the back of his neck suddenly stood up; Logan sensed a heavy dark air coming from inside the manor, putting him on full alert.

"Jaskier, you're okay," Geralt uttered.

"I'm glad to hear that you both give a monkey's ass about it," Jaskier ranted.

"Let's not jump to conclusions," Geralt grunted. "What happened?"

"Well, I was having a rather lovely dream, which then turned into a nightmare," Jaskier explained. "There were naked women in both parts. The first one was loving, tender, and very generous. The second, significantly more terrifying."

"Get to the point already," Logan demanded.

"Tell me about the second one," Geralt insisted.

"Well, black hair, devilish eyes, was painting an amphora on her abdomen," Jaskier began. "You know, the usual."

"She wants to be the vessel," Geralt remarked.

"What, you know this woman," Jaskier queried. "Of course, you know this woman."

"She wants to become more powerful. But she'll die," Geralt revealed.

"She's out of her mind," Logan growled, irritated by Yennefer's recklessness.

"Well, let's pray for her on our way out of town," Jaskier suggested, seeing Geralt marching toward the manor as he, Chireadan, and Logan chased him. "Oh... Are you perhaps short of a marble?"

"Less yapping and more running," Logan barked.

"You two have to go in there, don't you," Chireadan acknowledged, glancing at Logan. "I recognize the look. I know how you feel."

Logan didn't say anything; he knew Yennefer needed to be stopped.

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no," Jaskier groused, directing the rest at Logan. "Do not tell me that this is finally the moment you've decided to actually care about someone other than yourself. Leave the very sexy but insane witch to her inevitable demise!"

"She saved your life, Jaskier, even though she didn't have to," Logan pointed out, quieting the bard. "So the least that you can do is return the favor."