Bottled Appetites

This chapter will be a little different from what was in the episode.

Everyone had an amused look except for an embarrassed Connor, who gave them all the stink eye before taking his fishing net and moving further downstream away from them.

"Only eight years old, and my grandson's already engaged," Logan chuckled. "The kid got his charm from me."

"You're sorely mistaken, Dad. He got it from me," Lydia shrugged. "If he had gotten your charm, then he'd be sleeping around with several women every night and being chased by hitmen and pissed-off fathers."

Even though Geralt and Jaskier didn't know what hitmen were, they both knew what it was like to be chased by enraged fathers.

"What are hitmen," Jaskier asked, voicing Geralt's question.

"They're contract killers," Lydia explained, and the two men sent her looks of understanding. "My dad has a knack for pissing off a lot of people."

"Logan certainly has a way with people, that's for sure," Jaskier commented, glancing at Logan and Geralt. "He reminds me of someone else that I know."

Lydia laughed while Geralt and her father both glared at Jaskier.

"Geralt, you're fantastic at a great many things, but clearly, fishing is not one of them," Jaskier said as he amusingly watched his friend try to fish. "Have you caught anything today? What are you fishing for, exactly? Is it cod? Carp? Pike? Bream? I'm just- I'm just listing fish that I know. Zander? Is that a fish?"

"I'm not fishing. I can't sleep." Geralt told him, wanting a good night's rest.

Geralt's lack of sleep worried Lydia and Logan, who would never admit it.

"Right. Good. Well, that- that makes sense. Insomuch that it, sort of... doesn't. What's going on, Geralt? Talk to me," Jaskier voiced, annoying the Witcher.

"A djinn," Geralt uttered, casting his net back into the lake.

Meanwhile, downstream, walking side by side, Connor and Nova discussed they were with the water djinn in the cave. They thought they wouldn't have another encounter with one, but destiny had other plans for them.

*Nova*

*Yes, child*

*Do you think that my wish will come true*

*Whenever a Djinn grants wishes, they sometimes happen instantly while others take time*

Geralt's mood worsened with each passing moment, and she noticed how hard it was for him to restrain his anger. Knowing he had a temper, Lydia always managed to calm her love.

Logan tried his best to tune out what Jaskier was saying; instead, he focused on catching lunch.

"A what," Jaskier's question was only met with a moment of silence.

"I'm looking for a djinn," Geralt sighed, trying to fish for one.

"What's a Djinn," Lydia inquired, staring at Geralt. "Are they dangerous?"