prompt # 19 // a.s.

Requested by: @gabbie_cs
19. "I dare you."
Warnings: Implied horniness (is that a word?), sex fruit (no smut, though).

Hope you enjoy!

Moonlight bloomed on the dilapidated hangar, devoid of its usual bustling pilots and Jedi. Anakin sat alone in his ship, absently fumbling  with the switches.

"...I'm as fit as a fiddle, thanks," he muttered into his comm, shutting it off with indignation.

"What's wrong?" you asked, knocking on the transparisteel windows.

"Three Jedi. Dead."

"Oh, Anakin..." you trailed off. "I'm so sorry."

He looked down at his glove, peering at the singed edges. "Don't be. It's the Confederation's fault, not yours. There's nothing you couldn't done. Nothing," he added with a tinge of spite, "I could've done."

"So many lives, lost by this godforsaken war," you sighed. "When will it end?"

"I don't know. I don't even know why we fight anymore. I've just lost hope by this point. Padmé's come under fire for her relationship with Le'ra—"

"The actress?" you asked, raising a brow. He nodded.

"She got kicked out of the Senate for that, can you believe it? The hypocrisy! On top of that, my mother is dead, Obi-Wan is overbearing, and I just..."

"Let's tak about something else. There is nothing else we can do about the war. Hopefully you'll feel better if we take your mind off things," you state. "I'll start. What do you want to do after the war?"

"Well, I want to leave the Jedi. Start a family, and live a quiet life on some lush planet. I've got my eye on Naboo. How about you?"

"The same. I want to pursue my dream career, find love and happiness. Take a rendezvous across the galaxy with no mission at hand."

"There's a free day tomorrow. Why don't you start the last one?" Anakin visibly brightened.

"No, I should probably chart the course for our next mission—"

"Kriff that. Take a trip. I dare you." He strode over to his ship, blasting open the hatch with a wave of his hand. "There."

"Well," you said, "I suppose the mission can wait." You hop on, flipping on the control panel of his ship. The low hum of the engine is interrupted by a piercing scream from the behind the hatch.

"What—Anakin?" you sighed. "I'm not even going to ask."

"My ankle hurts," he whined. "Stubbed it on the damn toolbox you have back here. This is the worst moment of my life."

"Anakin Skywalker, esteemed Jedi and the Chosen One, can't take a little foot pain? There's not even a bruise!"

"Blast, give me a break," he complained. "Let me be a diva for once, instead of the high-and-mighty-Chosen-One." Nevertheless, he hopped on the R2's seat, wincing as he clutched his foot. "Usually, I'd fly. But it's your trip, not mine."

"I appreciate it." With a whirr of the engines, you streamline out of the hangar, beginning your ascent across Coruscanti skies.

"Where are we going, Your Jedi Highness?" he asked teasingly.

"Away from here."

"More specifically?"

"Candáre. It's a lush planet off of Naboo. I've passed there once for a mission. It's just as pretty, but less crowded due to its smaller size."

The ship falls into a comfortable silence, the low hum of hyperspace a gentle constant as you venture towards the planet. Anakin soon tires and falls asleep, while you rest your head beside the control panel. A merry shrill startles you out of your space-addled stupor.