Chapter 25 - Feast

Hey Everyone

I'm so sorry that i haven't updated in a while, i know i'm a horrible person!!!

i've just been crazy busy with family stuff and you probably won't get another update until after christmas but i promise i'll stay on top of my updates after that.

please keep commenting xoxox

love you all xxxx

Lively Dornish music reverberated through the cavernous hall.

Beautifully exotic women with dark mysterious eyes danced for our entertainment and the wedding feast commensed.

Julien and I sat at the high table with the rest of the royal family either side of us. I hadn't been able to keep him off me the whole evening

He was kissing my neck and i gently reached over to push him away as prince Doran stepped opposite us.

"Congratulations Princess"

"Thank you my prince but why the title"

"I have decided to recognise you as part of my family. And not only that but you shall be my Ward, you will be given the same amount of respect that my children receive and you will have a new title - Princess of Sunspear, 7th in line"

This was more than I had ever dreamed of, the system of Heirs in Dorne confused me but I wasn't about to argue. Instead I stood up and pulled him into a hug that he wasn't quite expecting.

"And what does princess Arianne think of this?" I kept my voice soft incase he took offence but before he could speak a voice piped up from behind us.

"The princess approves, and she very regretful that she's hurt her best friend"

A delicate hand slid across the back of my chair and sabot her joined it to hug me from behind.

"Congratulations cousin"

Arianna moved her head next to mine and from behind her she pulled a golden bracelet, inlaid with small white stones.

"I'm sorry" her apology seemed genuine enough so I took her peace offering and she retreated.

the prince stood awkwardly In front of me until I turned my attention back to him with a smile.

"Your grace, how will I ever repay your kindness?" I spoke breathily and batted my eyelashes .

"You could start with a dance. If you're husband approves"

Julien knew the benefits of being on the right side of the prince so he nodded warily.

I walked around the table and Doran took my hand, the dancers cleared and with a flick of the princes finger, the musicians launched into a festive northern tune.

(Play song here)

The song was so familiar that it almost brought me to tears, that last time I had heard it was at my brother Stefen's wedding.

Although the prince and i were the only two who seemed to know the song, before long my northern hand maidens were pulling people from their chatter to join in.

Even Julien was dancing shyly with Amira who was jumping around like I child, trying to imitate the bold steps of the others.

The music finished too soon, those dornishmen who had participated clapped and smiled wordlessly at one another.

I stared around at my new family, too happy to spoil the moment.

The group dispersed and before i had even been seated, a shout cane from the far end of the hall.

"Bedding!!!"

The hall silenced except for the few northern lords that we're attending who were shouting and jerring.

I knew the bedding ceremony was traditional at weddings, I was nervous but I had been expecting it so I was surprised when there was not a rambunctious cheer after the mans suggestion.

Amira noticed my confusion and leaned over to explain.

"The bedding ceremony is only performed if the bride and groom approve" she talked quietly but I could still hear through her sweet accented voice that she was putting no pressure on me.

I had a decision to make, and hopefully I chose the right one as I grabbed Julien's hand under the table and gave a slight nod of my head.

The nobles seemed to get the message as they errupted into applause and both Julien and i were forcefully lifted out of or chairs with no regard of being gentle of us.

Carrying me were the few dornish lords and ladies that most likely took pity on me, among them were Amira and the prince. Julien and i were moved through the castle to our new chambers and the ceremoniously dumped together on the bed, i was in mild shock but i couldn't help laughing at Julien's stunned expression.

I'd never loved one as much as him, and I'd never been happier than i was that night. The wine from the feast had my blood rushing through my veins and all i could do was collapse into Juliens arms, Smiling

++++

I don't know what woke me,

The blankets had been kicked of the bed and I was draped over Julien's muscular chest.

Standing up, i rapped myself In a thin robe and walked to the window.

I'd never felt this way before, ecstatically happy but something felt different.as if the world had shifted without my notice

It was surely too early to tell but I just had a feeling, like knowing the sun will rise in the morning and fall at night.

I was with child