Chapter 7 - Blood Splattered Roses

Hey Guys

This chapter might not be too good because i aacidentally deleted the first copy and then i had to re-write it from memory

Also i have terrible writers block and i've been studying madly for exams.

Please let me know what you think of this chapter!!

Alexa and I had spent our afternoon seated by a fountain and chatting, she had calmed down and told me about what had happened with Cersei.

"There's someone else you must meet, she's the bastard daughter of the late king Robert but she's an angel, her name's Rowenna" I'd heard about Rowenna before,we called her the beauty of the north.

"She'll be one of my brides maids at the wedding, as will you."

"Really?!?"

She giggled in surprise as I launched my self at her. I hadn't realized how much I had missed her until now.

"I wish you could stay with me, Oberyn is so unpredictable and I don't know how I'll manage with all of his children coming soon"

"I'm sure they'll love you, everyone does"

I hated to see her so worried, she'd had a tough life as the youngest lannister and she didn't deserve to be given as a prize, she deserved to be loved.

"Maybe you'll find a handsome prince for yourself in dorne"

She wiggled her eyebrows cheekily at me and I giggled.

" I hadn't even thought about that, Oberyn mentioned something but I'm sure it won't be for a while, I don't want to marry too young if I can help it"

We both just sat in the sun, soaking up the warmth.

"Oh!!!" she suddenly jumped out of her relaxed position and turned to me.

"Clara I'm so sorry but I promised Oberyn that I'd meet him in the gardens"

I giggled as she bounced up and down like an excited child, we quickly hugged each other and she ran off.With nothing else to do I found myself wandering the corridors. I found another small garden that was similar to the one that Alexa and i had been sitting in. xcept te difference was that it featured a large white rose bush instead of a fountain.

I sat down on the bench, closed my eyes and took a deep breath of the smell of the fragrant roses.

I stiffened as i heard a rustling behind me, i turned aronud and peeked under the rose bush. underneath was a mother cat and her three kittens, i smiled.

I reached down and scooped the tiniest one onto my lap, to my delight it saterted to lick my fingers and purr as i stroked it.

"I see you found my cat"

I squeeked in suprise and turned around to find tommen standing there with an amused smile.i quickly placed the tiny purring fluffball onto the bench and stood up to curtsy.

"My prince, i'm sorry i did not realise they were yours"

"Please my lady, call me Tommen"

"Alright Tommen, call me Clara"

he walked over and sat beside me, careful to lift up the kitten onto his lap.

"Clara, i wanted to apologize for what my brother said the other night, he may be the king but that was just out of place"

i smild as he took on of my hands into his, i knew how much he was risking by contradicting his brother like this, if one of the gaurds or servants were to hear and report back to the king he would not be happy.

"You're too kind Tommen"

"I'm also sorry that we couldn't have bee ncloser, i know we were to be betrothed. We can't be married but maybe, we can still be friends?"

"Of course Tommen, i think i'd like that"

He smiled and reached down under the bush to retreave his cat and her kittens.

"She's my new one, i don't have a name for her yet'

I thoughtfully looked at the cat, stroking her head.

" i know, i'll call her Lily." The beautiful cat had a toirtoise shell print and bright yellow eyes.

"I love that name My prince"

"I told you Clara, there's no need to call my by my formal status, i'f we're going to be friends then that won't do"

"Of course, i'm sorry i've just had so many things on my mind, it's just out of habit"

"Tell me. what's it like in the north, i've only ever been there once"

"of course it's very cold, but ti's beautiful. When you live there you don't mind the snow and icy wind as much, i miss it. If i may speak about such things i must say that i feel sorry for Sansa stark, she must miss it more than myself"

He observed me as i talked about my home, i was in the middle of a sentence when her lent over and kissed me on the cheek.

"Clara, you are one of the sweetest girls i know, maybe you might help with sansa. Youre right, it's horrible that she's stuck here and i barely ever see her smile"

I liked that idea, i'd met sansa before and i remember her and i being fast friends.

"Tommen!!!"

Both of us spun around to face the source of the shouting, King Joffrey came storming around the corner towards us. "Tommen, why are you always with those stupid cats of yours, they are useless creatures and their fur would make a lovely coat"

He caught sight of me and gave an ugly smirk. I had my head down, trying to ignore any taunts from him.

"Aahh, lady Frey. I hope you're feeling better after last nights banquet, such a shame that you couldn't have stayeds to chat"

He turned to tommen and yelled

"Run along Brother, we don't want you boring our beautiful guest with your noring chatter"

Tommen gave me a guilty glance and darted away, joffrey stood right infron of me but i still didn't meet his gaze.

"My lady i'm sure that it would be so much easier to talk to you if i could see those viper eyes of yours"

i still didn't look up, afraid that this would encourage him.

"Look at me!!!!'"

he screamed at me and i slowly looked up, locking with his malicious glare.

"That's better"

Before i knew what was coming he had pulled what looked to be a small dagger out of his belt and slashed me across the cheek with it. I suppressed my scream as i felt the sting.

"That'll teach you to disrespect me again!"

with that he stormed off laughing, i shook in fear as i felt the blood oozing out of the cut that was sure to leave a scar.

I got up and turned around to look at the rose bush.

My vision was blurred with shock but i still managed to see my blood spattered across the pristine petals of one of the roses.

(Alexa belongs to @Rosellastark and Rowenna belongs To @RowennaBaratheon, they're both amazing so go check out they're work)

Should Tommen and Clara have a little fling?