Chapter 9 - Outsider

Joffrey stormed into the orphanage with a murderous scowl on his face, I felt Sansa flinch at the sight of him. Poor Margaery did not see that he was not in a mood to be messed with so she advanced towards him

“My king, I hope you don’t mind we jus-“

Her cheerful greeting was broken off by Joffrey slapping her, the sound echoed around the courtyard and I heard the gasps and cries of the watching children.

I was disgusted but I tried to keep my expression emotionless and respectful, I nudged Sansa with my elbow when I saw that she had her mouth wide open and was gawking at the scene infront of her.

Margaery had crumpled to the floor from the force of the slap but she stood up again tall and proud and looked Joffrey straight in the eye. This added coals to the fire of his anger and he screamed at her, making everyone shudder.

“How dare you leave the red keep without my permission!!!!! And you took this stark bitch along with you”

Joffrey stared daggers at Sansa and I prayed to the mother that she would have the strength to contain her fear.

He stalked over to where we were standing and shoved me out of the way so that he could reach her, his large hand reached up and rapped itself around her throat, I saw the fear in her eyes as she started to struggle for air, I saw the terror in her eyes as Joffrey’s grip tightened, he had started to lift her head up.

Without warning he let go, she fell to the floor in a heap, gasping for the air that she had been deprived of. I was about to run to her side when Joffrey made a move towards me. He pulled out the same dagger that he had slashed me with and ran it along my jawline, up onto my cheek and around my lips, almost teasingly.

“I see you’ve recovered from your last punishment, let’s not make it a regular occurrence”

He abruptly slipped the dagger back under his belt and walked out of the orphanage. As soon as the sound of hooves and clinking chain mail faded into the distance,  I ran to Sansa’s side. The look she gave me was full of terror and she crumpled into my arms crying, I knelt on the floor next to her as she cried in my lap.

Margaery was still standing in the same spot.

“Your grace”

I called out for her, I hoped that she would hear me because I couldn’t stand seeing Sansa this way and we needed to get out of the public eye. She didn’t respond to me, she was still starign at the doors blankly.

“Margaery!!” I took a risk using her name instead of ‘Your Grace’ or ‘ My Queen’ but it seemed to work. She flinched and then turned to look at me. “My Queen please, Sansa…”

She finally noticed The poor girl crying out of shock in my arms and she made her way out of the orphanage. Being raised around other’s who did not care much for me taught me to sense my orders when none were given so I carefully helped sansa of the floor and let her lean on me as we shuffled towards the exit.

Joffrey must have met our guards on the way there because our Carriage was waiting outside, as well as a large gathering of Peasents. I helped Sansa get into the carriage before me and once we were inside and the door shut behind us she lay down on the seat next to me and lay her head on my lap.

I stroked her hair soothingly just like Camille had all those day ago when I’d been distressed about leaving my home.

Margaery stayed quiet until we were almost at the red keep

“He’s never his me before…”

I felt tired from the long day but I tried to answer her clearly

“Your Grace, He’s a king.  Sadly Kings have the right to do as they wish with their queens”

She didn’t’ reply to me but I watched her as we neared the red keep, I could see her thinking about what I said. As soon as the carriage stopped, she  jumped out ran to enter the castle.

I gently shook Sansa’s shoulder to let her know that we’d arrived.

“Sansa, little wolf”

She moaned drowsily and sat up rubbing her eyes like a young child. “Sansa, we’re back at the red keep, you should go back to your rooms and sleep”.

I walked with her to the front doors where we went our separate ways. The sun had begun to set and I was exhausted so I made my way back to my room.

I arrived at my room, walked in and threw myself onto the bed; I couldn’t be bothered to get changed. Amira was already inside, placing some new dresses in my chest of drawers.

“Oh Clara, did you have a good day?”

I just moaned in response and she laughed.

“I’m guessing that you’re exhausted, I knew you shouldn’t have been walking around in that horrid dress”

I got up and sat down on the balcony, once Amira was finished putting away my clothes she came to join me. “Oh I forgot to tell you, Tommen would like to have dinner with you tonight and don’t forget that you have Alexa and Oberyn’s ball tomorrow”

I had Almost forgotten that there was going to be a ball to celebrate the Engagement between Oberyn and Alexa.

“But what will I wear; nothing I have is suitable for a ball”

“Don’t worry little viper, I have just the thing. You’re just going to have to wait until tomorrow to see it though”

For once I trusted that Amira had actually picked something sensible for me to wear.

We were laughing when she suddenly caught sight of the Pendant around my neck. She gasped and threw herself forward over the table between us to examine it.

“ow Amira” a gasped as she tugged at the chain to get a better look. She completely ignored me and turned the pendent over in her hands.

When she was done inspecting my necklace she sat up straight and looked at me

“It’s beautiful, where did you buy it from”

“A lady in the markets was selling beautiful necklaces”

“hmmm interesting, was she southern?”

“No, infact she was northern”

“Oh that’s strange, that necklace is made of Dornish gold. They say that the stone that is set into it was created by the gods so the people of the realm could have something to remember them by. They are given to those who are worthy, the stones find you,  you do not find them.”

“What does it mean?”

“I’m not sure Clara, the gods must have a plan for you”

She got up and smoothed out her dress. “Sorry cousin, I’m exhausted and I need to get to bed. I’ll see you tomorrow before the ball”

She gave me a beautiful smile and a kiss on the cheek before she left and I was by myself.

I decided not to have dinner since I was so exhausted from the whole day.  I just sat on the balcony and looked out at the ocean, it was a warm evening but I got relief from the cool breeze that drifted in from the ocean.  I would be in Dorne sooner than I’d like, would I feel like as much of an outsider there as I did here?

i know nothing much went on during this chapter but the next chapter will be more eventful, i promise :)

I just want to say thankyou to @Rosellastark, @Catherine330 and @Rowennabaratheon for all the support, thankyou so much <3 <3 <3 xox