Chapter 13 - Escape

I groaned as I sat down on my bed. I had been training mercilessly with Nymeria and my muscles were sore and stiff.

I slowly unbuckled my training armor and slipped into a simple white shift. I wasn't expecting visitors today so I dressed for comfort.

It had been a week since the wedding and the Castle had quieted down from the long celebrations. I had heard servants gossiping and apparently Oberyn and Alexa still hadn't come out of their room which was to be expected, I mean, it is Oberyn she married and he likes to get his way.

I threw my armor aside and walked out onto the balcony, the light breeze ruffled my dress and I unpinned my hair, letting it flow free around my shoulders as I looked out at the ocean.

My peace was disturbed by a loud banging on my chamber door, I cautiously walked over to my bed where I had left one of Nymeria's daggers that I had borrowed.

"Clara!!!!"

Amira cried out and I released out of my crouched position and ran over to un -bolt the door. She ran in, her eyes were wide and her hair had gone frizzy from the wind.

She faced me and grabbed my shoulders

"There's been a change of plans, we need to leave now!!"

I wasn't supposed to leave for another seven weeks, I had already bought thin materials from the market to have new dresses made in dorne.

"Why, what's happened?!"

"Rumors, servant gossip. Apparently you have caught the eye of our dear king and he views you as wasted space here in kings landing. He plans to have you assassinated"

She had tears in her eyes as she gripped my shoulders tighter. I had tried to keep my distance from the king but obviously it hadn't worked. I knew from stories of my eldest siblings that once your time in kings landing was deemed over there were two ways out, leaving without notice or death by a staged accident.

One of my older brothers, Nathaniel had been murdered here in the castle. They said he fell out of his balcony window but there were signs of poison on his corpse.

"Oberyn doesn't know but there is a merchant ship carrying silk leaving for Dorne before the sun has peeked. I'll come with you but we need to hurry"

I nodded and ran over to the clothes chest behind my screen, it wasn't there.

"My clothes!!!"

"It's alright, Nymeria warned me that something like this was coming, that's why she's been training you harder. We talked to the captain days ago and also moved your chest of clothes there a few days ago, im shocked you haven't noticed till now" Amira always managed to surprise me, she had been panicked only minutes ago and now she was back to her cocky attitude.

"Here!"

She threw me a bundle of black cloth and I stepped back behind my screen to change. She had given me thick, black, billowing robes with long sleeves and a head scalf.

By the time I had gotten changed Amira had also put on a similar garment in grey.

"What are these?!"

"Travelling robes from the red desserts. We'll just have to wear them for now until we are on the ship, we can't risk being recognized"

She beckoned me over and opened the door into the corridor, sticking her head out to check for passersby. She nodded and then we set off, we stuck to the early morning shadows and kept the bottom half of our faces covered with our head scarves.

We were halfway down the corridor towards the throne room when the doors in front of us burst open and Joffrey stormed out, followed by an escort of guards.

Amira and I froze where we stood; there was nowhere to run where he wouldn't see us and if he got close enough than he would surely recognize us.

Suddenly a small door opened up to our right and a hand reached out, pulling me and then Amira inside.

The door shut just as we heard the Sounds of the footsteps pass by and we sighed, turning to our savior. A tall hooded figure stood there, their face concealed by a dark satin cloak.

A dainty hand reached out from one of the long sleeves and pulled the hood back to reveal the last person I had been expecting, Margaery.

"Clara, I want to help you, I can take you threw the servants passages until we reach the docks but you must go one your own from there"

We nodded, I would have liked to say more to her but we didn't have much time and if we were caught then all three of us would lose our heads.

"Come on"

I took Amira's hand and Margaery led us threw winding passages, lit dimly but widely spaced torches. It felt like we must have walked for miles without passing a single window but when we did I could smell the salty air, we must be close.

Finally after walking down a small flight of stairs we arrived at a door.

Margaery reached over and hugged me.

"I hope that now I have done as much good for you as you have done to me, goodluck my friend"

I returned the embrace and then we swiftly stepped out the door, we were blinded by the light but once our eyes adjusted we saw that we were now standing In the busiest section of the docks.

"run!!"

I pushed Amira forward and we ran, dodging crates and market stalls.

Amira started to slow as we reached a large, beautifully decorated ship with bright yellow sails. We neared the boarding plank and I removed my scarf, letting my hair tumble out.

Someone must have been waiting for us since as soon as we boarded the ship, there was shout from the captain and we set sail.

as we sailed away i stood at the stern of the ship and watched as the red keep disappeared into the horizon.

Finally, I was safe

Yay now we can get to the bit I've been waiting for!!!!

I can't wait till she gets to Sunspear, then we can finally get to the interesting stuff!!!

Vote and comment xox