Chapter 12 - The Cub lioness and The Viper

I took a deep breath and closed one of my eyes, focusing on the cloth dummy in front of me, I had my hand raised behind my head to get the right amount of force to throw the dagger.

"Now!!"

Nymeria gave the signal and I catapulted the dagger forwards, it sunk into the chest of the dummy and I jumped up and down in excitement. Nymeria gave me some applause as I danced around.

"You're a quick learner, but try not to close your eye; it disadvantages you in a fight"

I nodded at her advice and went to retrieve the dagger. Nymeria had been teaching me how to throw daggers and defend myself using my arms and legs. Unfortunately our lessons were always in the early morning, I didn't want people to know since it would lower their respect for me.

Nym had lent me some tight leather breaches that went down to knee and allowed room for quick movements. She also gave me a black cropped over shirt that left my stomach exposed. Apparently this was the best way to train.

"Again"

I returned to my spot and threw the dagger again, this time lodging it in the head of the target.

"One day that will be Robb stark"

"Ok calm down there, you need to get a lot better before we can move on to human targets"

I gawked at her, surely she wouldn't make me practice on random people.

"Oh for the Gods, I was kidding"

I laughed and playfully punched her in the arm.

"Come on now; get back to your chambers. The sun is starting to rise and Father's wedding is today"

I returned the dagger to Nym and draped my dark blue cloak over my shoulders and head, to hide my attire.

Luckily I didn't run into anyone on the way back to my chambers, we'd had an incident the previous day where I had bumped into Jamie on his guard patrol. I scurried away as quickly as I could but I was sure he had recognized me.

I opened the door to my chambers and flopped down onto my bed, throwing my cloak aside.

"Enjoying your training?"

I screamed at jumped up when I heard Oberyn's voice come from the corner of my chambers.

"Fuck Oberyn!!!"

I grabbed my cloak hurriedly and wrapped it in front of me to hide my bare midrift and exposed legs.

"Come now cousin, some of your dresses are more revealing than that"

I sighed, he was right, I dropped the cloak and walked over to where he was leaning against my dresser In the corner

"What do you want Viper?"

"Calm down cousin, don't forget, you are a viper too"

I sighed; he was working my last nerve with his cockiness. He saw me start to anger and he reached out and put his hand soothingly on my shoulder

"Calm down cousin, I just wanted to tell you that I approve of your training. It will be useful for you to know that in Sunspear. I just want you to be careful with Nymeria, she has been training since a very young age and she is highly skilled. Don't let her push you too far.."

He pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head, it felt like I was getting the fatherly affection from him that I had never gotten from my own father.

"Now go get some proper clothes on, if you arrive at the wedding like that then everyman In kings Landing will have bedded you before sundown"

I pulled out of the hug and gasped, pushing him away from me. He laughed when he saw how much I was blushing and swaggered out of my chambers.

I sighed, walked over to my bed and lay down. I decided to close my eyes for a few minutes, I had time anyway since the wedding wasn't until the afternoon and I was exhausted.

+++

"My Lady!!"

One of my maids was standing above me shaking my shoulder. I must have been asleep for hours, since I could see that the sun must be at it's peak.

"M'lady, I'm sorry I'm under the orders of Lady Amira, she said to wake you at midday to get ready for the Wedding"

I sat up groggily and nodded to the maid, she curtsied and left. I was saw from the early training and I realized that I had forgotten to get changed so I was still in the leather undergarments.

I stretched and stood up, untying the string for the crop top and breeches and getting changed into simple underclothes.

Amira gracefully walked in wearing a beautiful golden dress, it was attached with thin golden chains at the shoulders and the back hung down gracefully which left her spine and shoulder blades exposed.

"You're not ready yet!!"

She gasped when she saw me standing next to my bed in my underclothes.

"Nice to see you too, you look beautiful"

She smiled and twirled for me.

"I had it made for me in Sunspear to wear to the wedding"

She walked over, grabbed me by the arm and shoved me behind the changing screen.

"Change."

I picked up the dress that I had chosen to wear. It was made of a lime green crumbled silk that rippled when I walked, a golden embroidered belt started at my waist but branched up between my breasts and connected to a cloth that draped around my shoulders. I also paired it with a pair of golden bangles around my forearm.

I stepped out from the screen and Amira beckoned me over to sit down on the edge of the bed so she could do my hair. She arranged it in hairband braid and let me hair blow free on my back.

"Done!"

She clapped her hands when she saw how well she'd done my hair.

"Now hurry up!!!"

She grabbed my hand and we hurried through the castle, finally arriving at the entrance courtyard where all of the sand snakes were waiting.

They had provided four carriages and we all squeezed ourselves in. Loreza, Dorea and Obella insisted that they ride in a carriage with me.

We arrived at the Great sept to find it beautifully decorated in the colours of red and orange. I grabbed the hands of two of the girls and carried the other on my hip as we walked inside.

+++

The ceremony was beautiful and by the end of it I was in tears along with Amira and Tyene. When the couple said their final vows there was a cheer louder than thunder and I saw that even Tywin lannister looked as if he had a tear in his eye.

Awww tywin ya big softy!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't really know how to write this chapter so it's a bit short but what do you guys think of Clara learning to throw daggers?

Who knows, maybe one day she will aim one at Robb ;)